Detector find: copper"fob" with engraved crown from Lenexa,KS

bafromkc

Greenie
Jan 17, 2005
Live in Osege Beach, MO to be close to Son, his Wi
Detector(s) used
Fisher 555-D, several White's models, a couple more Fisher's, and now my main detector is the GREATEST - EVER: A Minelab CTX-3030 !
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Detector find: copper"fob" with engraved crown from Lenexa,KS

Just today found this website.? Been wondering for about 20+ years just what this is/was.? Found while detecting with a Fisher 550D (that's how long ago) in a small town in Kansas.? Total length is 2 3/8" x 1 1/8" wide.? Scanned on 400 X to show engravings of crown etc.? Looks like maybe some sort of horse thing, but the clasps are facing the wrong way.? (Anything attached would cover-up the engraving).? Nothing of interest on back.? Made of copper.? The crown and other engraved embellishments are what makes this piece interesting.? Lenexa is just 15 or so miles SW of Kansas City, where the Santa Fe Trail was.

Any help would be cool.? Like I said, I've wondered about this for 20 years now. I'd like to send a better pic if someone could help...thanks

Attachments

• Detector find Lenexa.jpg
    Detector find Lenexa.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 239
  • Detector find Lenexa.jpg
    Detector find Lenexa.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 238
Re: Detector find: copper"fob" with engraved crown from Lenexa,KS

Looks to me like a piece of an old revolver.A safety maybe?

Upvote 0
Re: Detector find: copper"fob" with engraved crown from Lenexa,KS

Could you please send another picture. I am thinking that it could be a chisel implement. However it could an attachment for the tugs on a single tree hornes. Could you send pictures of the top and possible the back. Very unique piece.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back