delta 4k Coil types - 11", 8", and 5". So what are the advantages/disadvantages?

elite35zero

Greenie
May 26, 2013
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
delta 4k Coil types - 11", 8", and 5". So what are the advantages/disadvantages?

Ok, so just got my first MD and I chose the Delta 4k. It comes with the 8" coil but I see there is an 11" and a 5" coil available. Being new I have no idea which coils would be good for what... so veterans... I'm asking you.

I did a search but didn't find any real answers.

Hoping you can clear this up for me as I want to go on a day trip and scan over a river bed a little ways north of me.

If ur out detecting a large area field maybe something like that the large coil will cover more area & get those deeper targets the smaller coils now work wonders around rocks or trashy areas at the parks little more work cuz they are smaller but they will give u that advantage over hearing a single target verse the larger coil picking up a couple targets getting that iffy signal when I go out on those trips unless I know exactly what I'm infor ill take a med size to large coil & a smaller 1 so I got my bases covered nothing worse then getting out somewhere with a big coil & bumping it into everything wishing u had brought the small one hope this helps a little

Ok so not too much difference in the types other than coverage area. So the smaller the size the more precise it would be. But when in a larger area it is nice to have a larger coil to cover the area a little faster.

Thanks.

Your mostly right, there are differences in types, you have concentric,dd,& the newer sef each of them come in large & smaller sizes pending on what ur doin if it were me I'd figure out
First figure out a size that's gonna work for u then look at the 3 different types to c which advantage out of the 3 ur gonna get the most for ur money nothin like buying something for no reason

DD's cherry-pick better and handle bad soil better. The search pattern is akin to a 2x6 on edge going side-to side, compared to a coffee can lid going flat and side to side. One is like a wide meat cleaver scraping side-to-side between targets, and the other is like waving a balloon side to side between targets. The 11" DD is just as precise as the 5" DD, and the 11" only gains about 1/2" in air over the other two. The 5" is probably all most people would ever need, and it is a bit lighter and finds smaller items too, including some rather tiny gold nuggets..

And now with the dd is one to an advantage the sef coil

Question about this. The Delta 4000

I purchased this one as well. Is there any way to tell if this is waterproof. So you can search beach front? I know the CPU portion is not, but what about the coil head that comes with it original?

Most coils r waterproof u can try if u want to reassure urself the brand website

I just assumed my Teknetics Delta 4000 was waterproof LOL. I did some detecting in ~1' of water about a month ago. I've used my detector several times since then and it's still working fine :-)

I purchased this one as well. Is there any way to tell if this is waterproof. So you can search beach front? I know the CPU portion is not, but what about the coil head that comes with it original?

I checked to manual and it is waterproof.

Yes & most r but only up to the control box be careful with the waves if ur close to it in depth

Wow sounds like I must have got a lemmon or something. Had the delta with the stock 8" coil worked well. Added the 11" dd and its useless. Beeps for no reason ... everywhere low or high sens, pinpoint is a waste has you digging everywhere as if an object is moving underground, other modes dumb .. numbers just flying by. Pp tone unreliable .. cant get a good ear for anything. After 2 years im done and have come to accept that ive been scammed thanks kelkyco / teknet. No more mding for me way too expensive nice beeping box woo hoo

Make sure you have the right coil.....teknetics makes 11" inch dd coils for the t2 and the 11"dd for the greek series like omega and the delta you have....I have read the coil for the t2 is wired differently and will not perform right on the delta

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back