CW โ€œU.S.โ€ Bit Boss + More at new location!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Folks, on Sunday I took a turn onto a country road not far from my house that I had never been on since we moved to the NC Mountains. Iโ€™m sure glad I did, because I drove past numerous old house that looked very promising. One in particular was a large 1800โ€™s house sitting up on a hill with a beautiful view. I pulled in, spoke to the owner, and gained permission. We talked for about 30 minutes and he told me the history of the place which used to be a huge farm. The house was built in the 1860โ€™s.

Today was my first attempt at the place. Armed with the mighty Tesoro Vaquero, my first two targets were a wheat penny and a square nail. Yahoo, this l@@ked promising! :hello2:
I spent about three hours there today and only detected part of the front yard.

I was pleasantly surprised to dig a Civil War Union Cavalry โ€œUSโ€ bit boss very close to the house.:thumbsup: I couldnโ€™t believe my eyes, and had to call my buddy Quindy to tell him what I had dug. I also told him about all the small horseshoes I was digging. Actually, I asked him if they were goat shoes, and he laughed telling me goats didnโ€™t wear shoes. LOL. Boy did I feel stupid. :tongue3:

My finds today were:

*US Civil War bit boss

*Badge with โ€œParker / Davisโ€ on it. Turns out Judge Alton Parker ran against Theodore Roosevelt in 1904, and lost of course. Millionaire Henry Davis from WV was his running mate.

*A nickel trifecta โ€“ 1884 โ€œVโ€ nickel, 1938 Buff nickel, and a 1960 Jefferson. The 4[SUP]th[/SUP] nickel was also a โ€œVโ€ nickel but it was too worn to get a date off of.

*Three wheat pennies โ€“ oldest one was 1911.

*Old oval brooch/pin/ or clip โ€“ Any ideas?

*Gold plated hair clip, button w/white ceramic (?) top, Hem weight.

*โ€Mailโ€ / โ€œRFDโ€ (Mayberry ?) lock

*Old lighter โ€“ Any idea on the age?

*Lots of farm related iron relics โ€“ Any idea on the spike?

Well, thatโ€™s all Folks! Off to a pretty good start. No silver yet. :icon_scratch:
Thanks for l@@king,
MM

Attachments

• IMG_0535.JPG
    IMG_0535.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0536.JPG
    IMG_0536.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0537.JPG
    IMG_0537.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0538.JPG
    IMG_0538.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0539.JPG
    IMG_0539.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0540.JPG
    IMG_0540.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0541.JPG
    IMG_0541.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0542.JPG
    IMG_0542.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0543.JPG
    IMG_0543.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0544.JPG
    IMG_0544.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0545.JPG
    IMG_0545.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0546.JPG
    IMG_0546.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0547.JPG
    IMG_0547.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0548.JPG
    IMG_0548.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0549.JPG
    IMG_0549.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0550.JPG
    IMG_0550.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 122
Upvote 13
Very Cool! What's the address? Lol

LOL. I will let you know the address once I'm done with the place. I will let you know that it is below the North Pole, and above the South Pole. :tongue3:
Thanks for l@@king,
MM

It just floors me to see the amount of CW artifacts that are reported found on this web site!! It would be wonderful if they could all be shown under one roof! That's one show I wouldn't miss! Congratulations on your finds! They are nothing less than awesome! The Kid:icon_thumleft:

Thanks TK. :thumbsup: Boy, I would love to see that too. They could probably build the building itself out of all the CW bullets that have been dug since the CW.
-MM-

Look's like your digging most every signal & your efforts are def, being rewarded .
Davers

Look's like your digging most every signal & your efforts are def, being rewarded .
Davers

You got that right Davers. I usually never get nickels, especially old ones. Just dug a tiny gold plated ring there on Thurs.
Thanks for looking,
MM

Dang Doug! I missed this one! Killer finds, that bit boss is a great find.

Dang Doug! I missed this one! Killer finds, that bit boss is a great find.

Thanks Buddy. I sure wasn't expecting that find. :thumbsup:
-Doug-

LOL. I will let you know the address once I'm done with the place. I will let you know that it is below the North Pole, and above the South Pole. :tongue3:
Thanks for l@@king,
MM
:icon_scratch: does that mean there your located on the equator :occasion14: great CW dig on the nice pit ! boss ,, i like amigo :cool:

Last edited:
Looks like that site hasn't seen a metal detector before. Lots of great finds in that hunt. FYI, did you know that you can make multiple replies in one post? Use the "+ icon beside the "reply with quote" for each post you want to reply to. Then you can respond to each quote within one post. This will eliminate the thread being so long. I think your posts make up half of this thread. :icon_thumright: Anyway good luck at this site and hope to see more finds soon.

:icon_scratch: does that mean there your located on the equator :occasion14: great CW dig on the nice pit ! boss ,, i like amigo :cool:

Thanks Dawg-n-Suds.
OK, I'll narrow it down a BIT more. It's between San Fran and DC. :tongue3:
-DugE-

Looks like that site hasn't seen a metal detector before. Lots of great finds in that hunt. FYI, did you know that you can make multiple replies in one post? Use the "+ icon beside the "reply with quote" for each post you want to reply to. Then you can respond to each quote within one post. This will eliminate the thread being so long. I think your posts make up half of this thread. :icon_thumright: Anyway good luck at this site and hope to see more finds soon.

Thanks Screwy. I've been on Tnet since 2007 and never knew that. :dontknow: I'll have to remember that next time.
Again, you learn something new here every day. :thumbsup:
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back