CT farm site hunt - Sloooow start

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, we started the hunt on the old CT farm site today, and let me tell you, diggin in the woods is a whole differant game than parks and beaches, lol! The hunt went slow for the first day. We found 1 modern quarter, and literally a wheelbarrow full of old iron junk like car parts, paint cans, beer cans, tires, shingles, etc, etc. We hauled a ton of trash out of there this morning. The afternoon was starting off just as slow, until my hunting partner Jeff stumbled onto an old trash dump right along an old stone wall, and we pulled several old bottles out, in very nice condition. The pic below shows the bottles, sorry it's so blurry. From left to right we have what appears to be a small and a large fruit jar, a small medecine bottle, a small Welshe's bottle that says "Junior" on back, and at left are two old milk bottles, one from Danielson, CT (the town we were hunting in), and one from Pawtucket, RI. Nothing really valuable, but cool anyway. We'll be back there when we can over the summer, so hopefully it will give up some old coins yet!!

Attachments

• bottles1 4-3-05.JPG
    bottles1 4-3-05.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 313
Upvote 0
Yeah, they did clean up nice, huh? I was suprised at their nice condition. We also found the neck to what looked like an old whiskey bottle, but just the neck - that would have made a nice addition to the days finds! Thanks guys and gals!

Cool finds!

Keep posting more!

HH

Looks like a lot of work ahead but from your finds looks like a lot more to come.HH

Great start KIDD, I like that bottle on the right. Any keepers coins,bottles etc...... is a good oneyou should have a great time this summer. Are you mapping the finds so you get an idea how it is laid out yet? HH

Anything old is good, in my book... Great finds!
From what your finding there, I would say it's only a matter of time before a nice coin pops up...
Good luck & and keep us posted...

I'm sure you'll find some great stuff.

I'm hunting an old foundation that they used as a dump, too. It's a lot of work. I was getting so fed up with all the junk. Just as I was ready to give up, I found a mercury dime. Now I can't wait to go back.

One thing good about digging in the woods is you don't have to be as careful when you "replace your divits".

Floater, I hadn't thought about mapping it out, thanks for the great idea. The area is large enough that we really should map it out and hit it methodically. We spent the first day really just scoping out the whole area and looking for likely spots. We need to be more organized. Thanks again!

Haupin, the woods really are kind of trashy at this site. Once we haul all the old trash out of there, it'll be pristine again, even with a few divots dug up, lol! Good luck at your site too!! HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back