Critters catch of today

TOWcritter

Attachments

• P2100214 (Small).JPG
    P2100214 (Small).JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 244
Upvote 0
A lot of us use rock tumblers. Lots of variations on what to use but we all agree, don't clean any old coins that might have value. I throw a small pile in wit some playground sand and a little dishsoap and water and they come out fine in about an hour. Fine enough for clad! Good stuff!

soak them in oxy clean then put them in a sock and throw then in the washer...wont clean them all but its pretty good...HH...Don

i also use a tumbler, with 1 part vineger and 1 part lemon juice. and a handfull of fish tank rocks. let them go for about a hour...don't mix silver with copper though...and check futher down the site , these a board on cleaningand preservation and stuff. thats where i got my info thepost i got was from onion seams to work very well for me...good luck serb

The tumbler with sand and dish soap works great. Before I put them in the tumbler I put them in a cup or bowl with baking soda then add vinegar, and let them soak for the night. It helps to give them a good start.

I haven't cleaned any of mine. I only got about a hundred bucks so far. I just throw in separate jars and when I get about 1000 bucks worth I'll get a tumbler and spend a week shining them up. I figure by that time I can get a new detector with the cash.

I've been taking mine to the local grocery store and throwing it lump sum into the Coinstar machine. Those guys get me for 10%, for that they can do the cleaning. P.S.- I always take a hard look at the coins first to make sure it's just cheap clad! Have fun~CO2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back