Crater of Diamonds State Park

Got to go there once, it was so much fun ... didn't find anything in the way of stones but had a good time. Got to meet the MEN the group that digs togeather ...met the guy who was able to quit his job an then put 4 kids through Universty an was driving a new paid for truck... he was nice an helpful ! That is also where a diamond that was set in a ring that Jackie Kenndy wore.
If anyone goes dont through away stuff sometimes there is something there that YOU would not know is good , the people in the office will tell you! You can also bring a bucket of dirt home with you to look through or as we did take it to a hunt an let anyone try. :icon_sunny:

I've heard a lot of people say they never found anything. A couple showed up, started probing for gravel pockets, right around my rock collecting spot. Then I found out from them, someone had just come by my spot, found a diamond. My eyes aren't all that good for small stuff, still able (so far) to get through eye examination when renewing the drivers license. I didn't feel like screening all that dirt to find diamonds. I guess the gravel idea, is a good way to do it. You take a probe to check for gravel. Find a pocket of just gravel, scoop it out, process only gravel, pick out the diamonds. Next time I'll have to do that, even could haul back some gravel too! Takes a trip there just to learn what is the productive method.

Keppy said:
Enjoyed the pictures ... My wife and i are planning a trip down there.........
Have a good trip Keppy, it just takes a little luck! :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back