🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Could this possibly be a fur trade piece of silver?

Oldrvrrat57

Jan 2, 2022
Illinois
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 and XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
20231012_084849.jpg

Found this oddity on a old home site that I've hunted for a couple of years I added a picture of it laid on a 1810 half dollar I found last year to give an idea of its size it is really thin , any help with figuring out what it is or it's purpose would be greatly appreciated.
20231012_085917.jpg

Yes. It might be rough on the neck with that center point.
Hand made for sure, with the 2 holes it either hung like a pendent, part of a bracelet.
Another thought it was a sown on a garment/cloth, or was on a belt. (concha)

Upvote 4
Hand made for sure, with the 2 holes it either hung like a pendent, part of a bracelet.
The edge of the piece is
The piece does have a reeded edge but I couldn't get s good photograph of with it being so thin, my wife said it looked like a small childs shoe tap!!

Upvote 3
The edge of the piece is

The piece does have a reeded edge but I couldn't get s good photograph of with it being so thin, my wife said it looked like a small childs shoe tap!!
Yes I can make out the reeded edge now that you mention it.
Shoe tap is a good possibility also, and that would explain the wear-though the wear would be one sided unless it was a well worn silver to begin with.
Just looking again at your 1810 and the first star with the large point-very cool.

Upvote 1
Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back