Copper spearhead

Doering

Jul 8, 2013
image-3097071638.jpg

image-1412275072.jpg

What is the age and are these rare?

image-2516957337.jpg

Last edited:
Can you give us some clues such as the general vicinity that this was found in- area of the country and details such farm field, beach, desert, etc.

Upvote 0
I found this under a rock. It left a really good impression on the rock it rested on. So my goal is 6 years later now, to go find that rock and keep that as well for a keep sake.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
11.jpgIt is called a rat tailed spear point.Not sure on age yet still researching.But looking like 250 years old.The copper may have came from michigan.....Osage

Upvote 0
Would copper last 8000 years under 10' water? Very cool if it is that old.....

Upvote 0
I was goofing around rolling big rocks down a drop off on the reef because it sounded cool tumbling into the deep and disappearing

LMAO

Totally something I would do

Upvote 0
Great and very old find! How about voting "Banner" for this one?
I know I will.

Doering, go back there and this time don't goof around... think about accidentaly sending some more of these rat-tails tummbling into the bottom's mud, never to be found again...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If they are that old, how did it get to Minnesota? Must be an awesome story and an awesome find indeed!

Upvote 0
Great and very old find! How about voting "Banner" for this one?
I know I will.

Doering, go back there and this time don't goof around... think about accidentaly sending some more of these rat-tails tummbling into the bottom's mud, never to be found again...

Yeah I'm excited to go back and explore some more. And to find the rock that this laid on and made an impression on it. I didn't think it was that old being it was made of copper. Thought maybe couple hundred years which was very cool enough for me. But thousands of years WOW!

Upvote 0
If they are that old, how did it get to Minnesota? Must be an awesome story and an awesome find indeed!

From what I've learned lately it sounds like this copper was founded here in the Midwest so this piece might not have traveled far at all.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back