Attachments

• PXL_20240907_014254956.jpg
    PXL_20240907_014254956.jpg
    440.5 KB · Views: 62
  • PXL_20240907_011329955.jpg
    PXL_20240907_011329955.jpg
    484.3 KB · Views: 52
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from HELP! over to WHAT IS IT? for more exposure.

tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum HELP! contains guides tutorials on how to use the new TreasureNet.com software.
Thanks. Hopefully someone can provide me with some info. I have never seen a maker’s mark on copper rings.

Upvote 1
That is a beautiful find. Congratulations and good luck!!!

Upvote 0
Thanks. Hopefully someone can provide me with some info. I have never seen a maker’s mark on copper rings.

Possibility it was silver or gold plated at one time, hence the markings.

if so the plating would have just worn off over the years due to normal wear and tear and/or environmental exposure.

Another possibility is the ring was marked to give the impression it was made of a higher value metal. IE someone got scammed.

I'm sure the smart people will be along to give input. If possible get sharp pictures of the markings or make a line drawing of the markings. We have a few people on here that can tell you a lot based on those markings. IE real or fake markings, country, company, time period etc. Member Red-Coat being one of them.

Upvote 0
I have seen maker marks on all-copper rings from Native artisans and Southwest workshops and that would be my guess, even though the design is not ever so 'Southwestern'. Also, as @Retired Sarge says, on copper/copper alloy rings that are (or were) plated.
There seems to be a symbol of some kind between the 'LS' letters rather than an ampersand as 'L&S' but, sorry, I don't recognise the mark.

Upvote 1
At first I thought the designs on the ring was flowers but it turns out with a little researching they are windmills. you tend to see it a lot on Dutch/German design. Great find !
Amazing that they are windmills, I never would have figured them like that, but indeed they do look like that..

Upvote 0
NICE FIND :) But sorry to say I am clueless

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back