Copper Large Cent (Worn Smooth), Thimble, Musket Ball, Pottery With Partial Mark, Button, Cast Iron Pot Frag, 7 Painted Box Turtles

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yet another slick copper. Two from the same area days apart. If I find more, I going to start calling them copper smoothies. The pottery is a real thick slab. Seeing hinges and a few nails so I know I'm at the farm home site.

I see a lot of wildlife which is both enjoyable and reassuring. Saw two nice bucks with heavy velvet racks, a Redtail Hawk was keeping an eye on me, rabbits, a snapping turtle, and several small yellow stripped ribbon snakes. And many painted box turtles which are an endangered species. Saw three small box turtles today. They range from red to yellow. This adult one posted doesn't even look real. More like artwork.

Attachments

• tres448.jpg
    tres448.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
  • tres449.jpg
    tres449.jpg
    641 KB · Views: 47
  • tres450.jpg
    tres450.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 45
Upvote 13
Great finds and fun to have so much company!
I think sometimes how long worn coppers were carried around in pockets to get so smooth.

That's nice collection of finds. Seems like copper smoothies are what I find most often. Sure would be nice to find some other flavors. Great picture of the box turtle.

Nice finds!! Sometimes the birds and wildlife are the best parts of my digs!

Yet another slick copper. Two from the same area days apart. If I find more, I going to start calling them copper smoothies. The pottery is a real thick slab. Seeing hinges and a few nails so I know I'm at the farm home site.

I see a lot of wildlife which is both enjoyable and reassuring. Saw two nice bucks with heavy velvet racks, a Redtail Hawk was keeping an eye on me, rabbits, a snapping turtle, and several small yellow stripped ribbon snakes. And many painted box turtles which are an endangered species. Saw three small box turtles today. They range from red to yellow. This adult one posted doesn't even look real. More like artwork.
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back