Confederate Staff Officers button...any ideas

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was going through some of my boxes and pulled this out. What I was able to pull up was it's labeled as a CS36A1 Confederate Staff Off. button. It has HT&B on the back. It was dug in Wartrace TN at a hospital site. Was needing a price for one in this condition, may be looking at using it to help fund my new machine.

Sure would like any help you could give.

Thx and HH

:icon_scratch: anyone at least want to take a guess? I know we got members out there that have forgotten more about buttons than I'll ever know.

A point in the right direction would even help

thx

It should say HT&B MANCHESTER? Non-Dug go for about $900-$1,200.. Dug $500-$700. Then again it could go higher @ auction. Excellent find!!

Also to note: This is the same type of button that was worn on the uniform of John Davidson Porter of Otto F. Strahl’s Staff who later became Governor of Tennessee. HT&B

Last edited:
HSD

I really want to thank you for the info. All the items I've pulles up will be passed on to my daughter when I'm gone and now you have me second guessing the thought of letting it go to anyone but her.

Thx again and HH

metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
FWIW - If my daughter was interested in my finds - I would give them to her while she can enjoy them 3RINGER.

:occasion14:

I have back post that show us digging together, really treasure those times together. She is now grown and no longer daddy's little girl. X2 on you thoughts bud

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back