Complete Shoe Buckle, Waterloo Button, 1862 IH,

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2015 started with a complete shoe buckle in January and will end with one. I believe this is the 11th of the season and 4th or 5th complete from 2015. I also found 3 buttons in one hole. One with a Waterloo June 1815 backmark with a drum on the back. Also a couple of mysteries. One pewter with design and the other brass and circular. Not a clue what they are. Hope everyone has a great New Years
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
All of the complete buckles to date. My favorite relic to find by far
image.jpeg

Upvote 16
Congrats on yet again another complete Shoe Buckle Abe ,
and a very sweet commemorative button of Wellington's victory over Napoleon

Abe,

Good score on the complete colonial shoe buckle.....good way to end the season.

Regards + HH

Bill

I am with you on that one, them ole' shoe buckles are so cool....don't find them in my neck of the woods.

Hey hey heyyyyyy....

Nice score Abe. And thanks for showing all of your complete buckles again. What a phenomenal collection.

Where's the shiny one?!?! Lol

Cheers to December hunts bud

Steve

Outstanding find to round out an exceptional collection of buckles. Nice dated button! You just can't shake those Indian heads lately...I say next time you head out, put all your psychic energy into finding IHPs; that should neutralize the mojo and put some 1600s silver under your coil :occasion14: Happy new year back

That shoe buckle is perfect Abe! Love the Waterloo button as well. The piece with the triangle went on a keg spigot / barrel tap. The key would have fit through that triangular opening. Here are some examples. Bill D dug a triangle type key, but most are double slotted.

Attachments

• Spigot parts 001.jpg
    Spigot parts 001.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 77
  • Spigot parts 002.jpg
    Spigot parts 002.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 87
Sounds like you had a great year, you sure dug plenty of buckles. Most of mine date to the "Howdy Doody Time" era. Thats cool starting and ending the season with similar digs.:occasion14:

That shoe buckle is perfect Abe! Love the Waterloo button as well. The piece with the triangle went on a keg spigot / barrel tap. The key would have fit through that triangular opening. Here are some examples. Bill D dug a triangle type key, but most are double slotted.

Thank you so much buddy. I knew it was old but couldn't for the life of me figure it out

Man that detector of yours is really a colonial buckle magnet. They just seem to jump right out of the ground into your pouch. I know you didn't get your silver, but your time is coming, and I think it's gonna be a good one. Take care buddy ...

Agreed, barrel tap key hole

Nice finds. I really like the shoe buckle. Ive only dug one complete, along with several frames and chapes. :thumbsup:

You are like the shoe buckle king!, they are awesome and I'm sure look great in your display, congrats

That's a great collection of intact buckles! In my limited experience, they are a wonderful and rare item. Congratulations! I found one earlier this month and it ranks as one of my favorite finds for the year.

Abster i just can't believe how many full buckles you found in a short amount of time..:headbang:
I know hunters who have been detecting for years and still want a full one..I have have been blessed with dozens myself.Some people they just cling to..

~Blaze~

Great old relic Abe. The sentimental value of those would be pretty high.

You're kicking butt with the buckles, or at least with the shoes and boots they went to!
The Waterloo button is cool also , I'm sure there's a story there too!
I'm sure you'll pick up where you left off this year, next year!

Man what a great buckle!!! Congrats on finding a complete one. Seems I only find pieces but happy with them too. Thanks for sharing!

Abe, another killer buckle for that growing collection :thumbsup: Awesome hunt man. I don't know how you manage to keep finding these things complete, but I'm more than impressed and really cant wait to see what you find next. Its only a matter of time before a ornate silver one ends up under your coil.

Very Nice, I have yet to find a complete shoe buckle. Hope you have a Great New Year

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back