coke can pics

Mentalfloss

May 9, 2006
Oahu, Hawaii
Hello everyone, I’m new to this post, I would like to know something about these coke cans. All I know about them is what my dad has told me about them. My uncle worked at a coke plant in OK. And they make one skid of these cans and never went to market. They gave all the six packs to the employees and my uncle gave them to my mom and dad.

Attachments

• Resized_Picture 017.jpg
    Resized_Picture 017.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 335
Sort of a cone top design only Plastic.
Or are they ?

I'v never seen them before.

so, being no Collectors have them, I'd say Highly Valuable.

any idea of Age ?

:o I love love love them! What a great & cool design!! :o

Have you tried contacting Coke themselves?
I was puzzled over a Pepsi bottle that I came across . . saw it on Ebay but was quizzical with the info the sellers had listed, did not match up to what I knew about the bottle from the marks on the bottom, so I wrote to Pepsi themselves ( gotta love the Internet ) . . a nice lady there directed me to a Pepsi collector that was able to confirm some things I already knew.

Contact them. . it is worth a try. . & please, please post what info you do find out. . I am itching to know! ;D

Bogart :D

The age is from the early 80s from what i remember. It does have a plastic top on it and I was told that the reason they only make one skid of them is because the tops would burst open. Well thats what my uncle has said. I did try to get a hold of coke and they denied ever making them. This is the one reason why I can on here was to see if anyone else knows about them. One of my dads brothers sold a six pack for $100 to his friend. thought he was crazy for doing that. Maybe i shoud try to buy it back.

Attachments

Resized_Picture 017.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 322
  • Resized_Picture 016.jpg
    Resized_Picture 016.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 302
    Resized_Picture 017.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 305
  • Resized_Picture 015.jpg
    Resized_Picture 015.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 303
Absolutely ! If you can get more, Get them.

Being Coke Denies their Existance, That should add to their
Value.

Being a "Prototype" makes them 1 of a kind.

Well, one Skid of a Kind :P

All it takes is 2 Multi Millionair Coke collectors, Who Absolutely must add them to their Collections, to make you Filthy Rich ;D

That's pretty cool Mental....Got to be worth some high dollar to the right person.Keep us posted if you find out what a going price for something like this is,someone's "gotta have it"....Thank's for Sharin'....

I collect soda stuff, including Coke and Mountain Dew and I have the same version in Mountain Dew. The bottles were basically tested and found to be lousy. The Dew bottle came to market and was quickly pulled. I don't know how Coke approached this but I'm guessing it was carried out in a similar manner. Keep the six pack together; it will undoubtedly bring more value. If you're interested in selling it, list the item as Feature on eBay under Soda Collectibles and see what happens.

Steve ;D

I was told that the coke plant my uncle worked at use to make this type of can in a 7up or some flavor like that and yes found that the can didn't work very well and were told to stop. But the employs ran the line and make some coke cans anyways and then the employs took the cans.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back