Coins from Europe

discovery_bound

Feb 4, 2008
South Dakota, B&R in Montana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Just wondering if anyone knows anything about coins from Germany, Belgium, and the Nederlands. (Pfenings, Francs, and Gilder) For some odd reason I've kept a couple of bags of change from when I was stationed in Germany. It's all before the Euro, even though I still have about $38 in change from that as well. The earliest coin I've come across so far is 1949, and several 1950's. I'm sure not worth anything, but curious as to what they are made of or if there are any rare dates to watch for. I've tried to do a few searches over the internet, but haven't came back with anything too helpful as of yet. Any info is always appreciated, thanks!

JW

Attachments

• 00847a00_bild.jpg
    00847a00_bild.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 206
Hello
I'm German , yes only when it says Bank Deutscher Länder on the 50 Pfennig G coin them they are worth some $$
I have some cool 5 DM and 10 DM Coin here , have to make some pictures and show them to you guys .
Also i have a lot of coins from France , Italy , Austria , Netherland , Portugal ,Spain etc before they got the Euro
I also have almost every Euro set from the countrys when the got the Euro ,the front of the Euro is always the same but every country has his own design .
The Euros from Vatikan City have the most value
Here is a good site .http://www.muenz-news.de/euro/Umlaufmuenzen/index.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back