Coins and an old hammer

Yard Digger

Dec 20, 2009
Manila, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 with Bounty Hunter Headphones and TX-2002 Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Treasure Hunters, It’s been a long time since I’ve seen ya. Been busy, hot, tired and a wee bit lazy too. Oh yeah, I got excuses too,:laughing7: but I’m sure you don’t want to hear them.

Anyway, I managed to get to a local park yesterday with my metal detector. They had a carnival there 4[SUP]th[/SUP]. of July week and I wanted to get over there after they left but couldn’t make it. So all my findings were below ground. I only got in a couple of hours before I had to leave so didn’t come up with much. 16 pennies, 1 nickel and 3 dimes.

One penny was a 1946 wheat and the nickel was a 1942.
42'Nickle 46'Pennie.jpg
Day before yesterday I was digging a grave with my younger brother and when I got down to about 3 feet he stopped me. So I swung the bucket over to the side and he jumped down in the hole and picked up this hammer.

Hammer 1.jpgHammer 3.jpg
Right away I start thinking a farrier’s hammer:dontknow:, but I’m not sure about that. I’ve search the internet and found farrier hammers similar to this one. I couldn’t find any maker’s mark on it because of the rust. The length is about 8 1/2 inches long. Thanks for looking,
Yard Digger:hello:

Hammer 2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't know, I haven't decided yet. Maybe I'll take a poll.

Thanks for looking.

What kind of wrench and what was it used for?

Thanks for looking,

Looks like the old stile pipe wrench

Digging a grave? :|

Well I would have bet a lot and certainly would have lost the bet. I sure thought it was a hammer.
Thanks for posting the pics and straightening me out on that, digging. And yeah, it looked like it had been used for a hammer.

pug said:
Looks like the old stile pipe wrench
Yep, you're right pug.

Thanks for looking and yall's help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back