coin? pendant? help!

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(SOLVED). I found both of these today just feet from each other.. One is an Indian Head Penny the other I have no clue right now.
It seems that it discolored the same way the copper penny did so my guess is it is either copper or some alloy like brass or bronze

ForumRunner_20140618_190944.png

ForumRunner_20140618_191012.png

ForumRunner_20140618_191029.png

ForumRunner_20140618_191045.png

ForumRunner_20140618_191045.png

Last edited:
Not sure if you found this in area with Colonial history but --even though I can't make out details-- this has the "feel" ofa\ a 17th or 18th century brass jeton-- maybe French or German, possibily British. There does seem to be some readable lettering, can you make any of it out? One side looks to have maybe a rose/thistle design, but I'm not sure.

Upvote 0
I was feeling the same way and yes there is some history in the area going back to the 16 hundreds actually. I'm working hard on trying to make out the lettering I can see some individual letters but they must be Roman numerals or en el different language because they don't create any word I know. M I I M X that kind of thing I will see if I can get and magnified photo

Upvote 0
Pics 4 and 5 look like 1799 on top!

Upvote 0
I know!...shhhh! I don't even want to think it yet lol

Upvote 0

Attachments

• maximil.jpg
    maximil.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
My item is very clearly stamped on both sides

Upvote 0

I see a definite likeness in the image on one of the sides and I really appreciate the time you spend with this post I have found a lot of flat buttons n I'm fairly certain this has never had a shank connected to it

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0

Attachments

• old one_001.jpg
    old one_001.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 468
Upvote 0
Yes I think it is the same. It is still a bit of a mystery though. I haven't been able to find out why or when the design came into favor or what prompted it to be made into the buttons and the pieces like you found.

Upvote 0
Yes I think it is the same. It is still a bit of a mystery though. I haven't been able to find out why or when the design came into favor or what prompted it to be made into the buttons and the pieces like you found.

Me either

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back