beatrix.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 243
  • 25.JPG
    25.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 237
  • beatrix.JPG
    beatrix.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 238
This coin from the Netherlands was issued during the transition period between when the Gulden (Guilder) was the unit of coinage and when the Euro was used. It is 25 hundredths of a Gulden or a quarter of one. The obverse (your second photo) was designed to be viewed 90 degrees clockwise from the way you have it - that puts the writing vertical, but shows the profile of Queen Beatrix facing left. These coins are now obsolete in the Netherlands, having been replaced by Euro coinage.
John in ID

Upvote 0
idahotokens said:
This coin from the Netherlands was issued during the transition period between when the Gulden (Guilder) was the unit of coinage and when the Euro was used. It is 25 hundredths of a Gulden or a quarter of one. The obverse (your second photo) was designed to be viewed 90 degrees clockwise from the way you have it - that puts the writing vertical, but shows the profile of Queen Beatrix facing left. These coins are now obsolete in the Netherlands, having been replaced by Euro coinage.
John in ID

Thank you very much. Since they don't make them anymore I guess it is somewhat interesting, maybe not valuable but I plan to put it in a flip with my silver and wheats. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back