Coin and wondering if anyone can tell me what's it say!

NC Digger

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2015
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excal2, CTX, Nox 900, Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this over the weekend. Not sure what it is, it's the same on both sides and any help would be greatly appreciated!

24171.jpg

24173.jpg

Thanks in Advance!
HH & GL!

I would have hit up the first Chinese Restaurant and asked.

Upvote 0
laundry token????....o.k. sorry bad pun. Could be a possible arcade game token too....

Upvote 0
says love you long time:laughing7:

Upvote 0
guessing Asian of some flavor or another.
Is that the same face of coin shown,
or is there the same image/legend on BOTH faces...??

Upvote 0
100% JAPANESE.... the center (kanji) reads: HORIDOME, possibly Horidome Villa hotel in Tokyo(?)...the outside edge (katakana) reads Horidome Center....just to clarify most people do not know that the Japanese language has 3 main alphabets ...Hiragana, katakana and Kanji and are many times used together in all sorts of advertisements and documents. There is another type of writing called Romaji which is easiest for foreigners to learn. Kanji comes directly from Chinese characters meaning the exact same thing in different countries throughout Asia, but pronounced differently of course. The token is possibly used in the Hotel for credit or machines in lobby game rooms

Upvote 0
I think it says " I hate the patriots" "especially brady"

Upvote 0
100% JAPANESE.... the center (kanji) reads: HORIDOME, possibly Horidome Villa hotel in Tokyo(?)...the outside edge (katakana) reads Horidome Center....just to clarify most people do not know that the Japanese language has 3 main alphabets ...Hiragana, katakana and Kanji and are many times used together in all sorts of advertisements and documents. There is another type of writing called Romaji which is easiest for foreigners to learn. Kanji comes directly from Chinese characters meaning the exact same thing in different countries throughout Asia, but pronounced differently of course. The token is possibly used in the Hotel for credit or machines in lobby game rooms

Thanks angelito1! You helped out a lot!

GL & HH!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back