Coin? And Buttons

Chuxter

Jul 29, 2013
Found this large coin like piece detectin' today. Feels tin-ish, very thin. Also 3 buttons I found a while back. The buttons were nearly unrecognizable so I shined them up in my tumbler. One of the buttons was found near a huge oak tree 9-10 inches deep. I' d like any info on any of the items please. Happy huntin'!

image-1167314643.jpg

Thanks Ivan. I also forgot to put down that I'm from north-central Iowa. Any idea on the age?

Upvote 0
The first button is a British Army "general service" button dating from 1890 to 1952. Need to see its back to have any hope of more-specific dating.

The second button appears to be a civilian "Fashion" button which mimics an actual military button. The details of the emblem are crude in comparison to actual British Military buttons. The odd "shield" at its center matches the one on the Royal Harwich Volunteers button, but the rest of your button is different from the RGV button.

The third button is also a civilian "Fashion" button, in this case a Sportscoat button, showing the emblem of the Royal Black Heath Golf Club, a famous one in Scotland. However, that doesn't mean it is actually from that club. Golf jackets here in the US have commonly had buttons with that emblem. Quite a few have been dug and posted by TreasureNet members asking for the button's identification.

Upvote 0
What's on the other side of the coin?

Upvote 0
yes a closer up photo of both sides of the "coin type" item would be nice

Upvote 0
The second button has the American spelling of the word 'Honor'. The Brits spell it 'Honour'

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back