Close Bear Encounter

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
A couple of days ago I went to check this camera trap and this bear and I surprised each other. For some reason rather than running away he climbed a tree about 10 yards away. I only had a 10-22 lens with me and it was manual focus only...I got one blurry picture of him in the tree... He was still in the tree when I left. When we returned today the camera clock shows that he came down out of the tree and checked out the camera trap about a half hour after I left the area.

Attachments

• DEFCB.png
    DEFCB.png
    843.6 KB · Views: 75
  • DEFCB2.png
    DEFCB2.png
    733.1 KB · Views: 76
  • DEFCB3.png
    DEFCB3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 75
Had to go on bear patrol last year as a sow and her cub were terrorizing dumpsters in the neighborhood, but so far no problems around the house this year. Maybe I convinced them a crazy man lives in this area, haha!

Some bear spray might be good to have on hand also.

Some time ago this fella, Colin McClelland AKA "Chainsaw" as he was known and a Friday night regular at the Lariat Bar in Buena Vista, Colorado meet his end by a pissed off bear.

It was thought Colin shot the bear and it became enraged and instead won the gun fight only being wounded and then retaliated.

August 13, 1993
COTOPAXI, Colo. (AP) _ A large black bear attacked and killed a logger in his small trailer, then returned several times to eat the body, authorities said Friday.

State Division of Wildlife officials said cases of a black bear killing a human are rare, though bears have been known to eat the remains of people who died in the wilderness.

However, evidence at the scene, about 100 miles southwest of Denver, indicated the bear killed Colin McClelland, 24, of Buena Vista, said Fremont County sheriff’s investigators. An autopsy was scheduled Saturday.

Last edited:
Nice pictures . What were you after with the trap ?

Thank you for your reply

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back