Attachments

• sharps.jpg
    sharps.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 362
  • sharps.jpg
    sharps.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 341
Upvote 0
I use running water and a tooth brush. Just dont scrub so hard that you scrub the patina off. You will eventualy find so many bullets that you will start leaving some of the dirt on 'em. Some will clean up real easy and some you will have to scrub a little harder due to the soil they were found in. Great job!!! I found a drop the other day that still had powder in the bottom of it so look and make sure you aint washing out some 140 year old powder...d2

d2 said:
I use running water and a tooth brush. Just dont scrub so hard that you scrub the patina off. You will eventualy find so many bullets that you will start leaving some of the dirt on 'em. Some will clean up real easy and some you will have to scrub a little harder due to the soil they were found in. Great job!!! I found a drop the other day that still had powder in the bottom of it so look and make sure you aint washing out some 140 year old powder...d2

Thanks for the reply. I'll give that a go later today.

don't know much about them, but the bottom of this one is flat. is there powder inside or would the powder have been packed behind it?

It would have set on top of the powder. You have a flat based Sharps. The mini balls are hollow on the bottom like some of these...d2

Attachments

• DSC03942.JPG
    DSC03942.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 361
cool I did not know that. Thanks for the information

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back