Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t come to the marble section but I’ve been organizing and I had this kicking around a back room, I don’t remember where I found it but I was curious if there was anything to tell from it. Age, history, maybe where it was made… or maybe it’s just a marble, or ball. I don’t know much about these things. I took multiple pictures to try to show it’s not perfectly round. The smaller one is a round ball but it’s about the size of what I would consider a standard marble.
IMG_4121.jpeg
IMG_4123.jpeg
IMG_4126.jpeg
IMG_4125.jpeg
IMG_4122.jpeg
IMG_4124.jpeg

I don’t come to the marble section but I’ve been organizing and I had this kicking around a back room, I don’t remember where I found it but I was curious if there was anything to tell from it. Age, history, maybe where it was made… or maybe it’s just a marble, or ball. I don’t know much about these things. I took multiple pictures to try to show it’s not perfectly round. The smaller one is a round ball but it’s about the size of what I would consider a standard marble.
View attachment 2172245View attachment 2172246View attachment 2172247View attachment 2172248View attachment 2172249View attachment 2172250
Back in '89 we did a dig at a Swedish cabin purportedly built in the 1650's here near Philly. We found many clay marbles. The kids would roll the clay into marbles,toss them into the fireplace and come morning.....voila!

Back in '89 we did a dig at a Swedish cabin purportedly built in the 1650's here near Philly. We found many clay marbles. The kids would roll the clay into marbles,toss them into the fireplace and come morning.....voila!
Huh, I've never heard of that before.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back