May 16, 2011
westcentral Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 648
I use to build powerline towers back in the late 60's and early 70's and there was one of the foremans on the job that kept a grass sack full of clay marbles in the back of his truck. These marbles looked a lot like the clay marble pictured by the poster. He used his clay marbles for ammunition for his slingshot, we used a politically incorrect word for slingshot back then, he was a pretty good shot with the weapon. He told me that he had a friend that worked for a pipeline company that would give him the clay marbles and that they were used to clean the inside of the pipe, kind of like sandblasting the interior of the pipe with clay marbles.

Upvote 0
as you noticed I put a green check - topic marked as solved. oooo I like slingshots. I have a couple :laughing7: OhioDeb

Upvote 0
Breezie,

Thanks! Cool site, so far. It looks like I will be spending some time looking at my marbles :icon_scratch: :laughing9:

It looks like the ones I have found may be from different years. This is an old town, and where we live, there was a huge fire in the late 1890's, and one thing we have found is that there are "layers" to our soil. We even found an old well about 6 feet down, when we were running our water lines to hook up to the town lines.

This will be some fun in my "spare" time.

Thanks again,

Beth

Upvote 0
OhioDeb--you may have signaled an end with the green checkmark, but hasn't your thread been fun, interesting, and informative.? Absolutely it was. Sure, you have the info you want, but all this other stuff has been worth a fortune! And it's all because of you. Take a bow. :hello2: :hello:

Upvote 0
I like the stories. I hope some were motivated to research and admire their marbles or think about not throwing away the little round things they have coming out of their detecting holes. Some marbles are actually works of art. OhioDeb

Attachments

• taking_a_bow.jpg
    taking_a_bow.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 210
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back