Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found my 29th class ring last week at the K to 8 school that used to be a K to 12 school. The ring is a 1966 class ring with the initials in the ring. The school is in a small town and most of the folks stay in the area or have relatives still here so I kept my search local to start with. I found the yearbook online and found the young lady who owned the ring. I searched her name on line and didn’t find anything that would help. So I searched the archives for the local newspaper thinking it might have a wedding announcement or something that might help get her current last name. I found instead the death notice for her father and it listed her with a married name.

I tried looking her up with her married name and again didn’t have much luck. I have a friend whose wife is from that town. She knows a lot of the people and her mother still lives there. She has friends with that last name and she messaged her friend who contacted a relative of the lady I am looking for. The relative gave the ring owner my phone number and after almost a week she still hadn’t called me. So I called my friend back and he got me her phone number and I called her. I reached her and I went to her apartment to deliver the ring. The whole process took almost a week. Ten years ago it would have taken weeks or months to set this up. Technology is great when it works, unfortunately it doesn’t work all the time.

IMG_9017.jpeg

DSCN3485.jpeg

Here she is in her year book picture.

IMG_2551.jpeg

Here she is with her ring back. She told me her daughter wore the ring to school without permission and lost it in about 1973. So after a 51 year nap in the ground the ring found its way home. When I got to her apartment she said she didn’t have any money and I told her she didn’t need any. If I can identify the owner it is not mine to keep and returning it is the right thing to do. I don’t expect anything in return.

IMG_9039.jpeg

IMG_9040.jpeg

She told me she was so happy to get her ring back and was thrilled. She said she could just cry (thankfully she didn’t). She said she was so mad at her daughter when she lost it.

The ring is my 29th class ring and my 20th class ring return. I have also returned 18 other pieces of jewelry in my 22 years of detecting. I have 9 rings that there is no way to get the information needed to return. You do your best, but sometimes things just don’t work out.

Yesterday I found my 30 class ring that will be in this weeks post. My first few attempts to locate the owner (I already found the yearbook on line and have his name) have dead ended so I need to try something else.

Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 45
I found my 29th class ring last week at the K to 8 school that used to be a K to 12 school. The ring is a 1966 class ring with the initials in the ring. The school is in a small town and most of the folks stay in the area or have relatives still here so I kept my search local to start with. I found the yearbook online and found the young lady who owned the ring. I searched her name on line and didn’t find anything that would help. So I searched the archives for the local newspaper thinking it might have a wedding announcement or something that might help get her current last name. I found instead the death notice for her father and it listed her with a married name.

I tried looking her up with her married name and again didn’t have much luck. I have a friend whose wife is from that town. She knows a lot of the people and her mother still lives there. She has friends with that last name and she messaged her friend who contacted a relative of the lady I am looking for. The relative gave the ring owner my phone number and after almost a week she still hadn’t called me. So I called my friend back and he got me her phone number and I called her. I reached her and I went to her apartment to deliver the ring. The whole process took almost a week. Ten years ago it would have taken weeks or months to set this up. Technology is great when it works, unfortunately it doesn’t work all the time.

View attachment 2167790

View attachment 2167789

View attachment 2167788

Here she is with her ring back. She told me her daughter wore the ring to school without permission and lost it in about 1973. So after a 51 year nap in the ground the ring found its way home. When I got to her apartment she said she didn’t have any money and I told her she didn’t need any. If I can identify the owner it is not mine to keep and returning it is the right thing to do. I don’t expect anything in return.

View attachment 2167787

View attachment 2167786

She told me she was so happy to get her ring back and was thrilled. She said she could just cry (thankfully she didn’t). She said she was so mad at her daughter when she lost it.

The ring is my 29th class ring and my 20th class ring return. I have also returned 18 other pieces of jewelry in my 22 years of detecting. I have 9 rings that there is no way to get the information needed to return. You do your best, but sometimes things just don’t work out.

Yesterday I found my 30 class ring that will be in this weeks post. My first few attempts to locate the owner (I already found the yearbook on line and have his name) have dead ended so I need to try something else.

Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
big time gratz and big time thanks for the effort, ring returns are some of my favorites for sure. Bravo Zulu!

Congrats and Kudos for the return and all the others as well.
Where do you find Yearbooks On-Line?

Congrats and Kudos for the return and all the others as well.
Where do you find Yearbooks On-Line?
Thank you for the reply. I usually just google search for them and most of the time they come up on classmates.com. If you are not registered at the site you only get to peak at a few pages before it asks you to join. I registered years ago and it has paid off because I have been able to get names for a lot of lost class rings.

Stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

Thank you to all for the kind replies. You people on treasurenet are the best.

Everyone stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

View attachment 2167790

View attachment 2167789

View attachment 2167788

View attachment 2167787

View attachment 2167786

Pure awesome of you.

GREAT JOB GREAT pictures :) Here is a hint for your next return. Take 3 hankies with you. two for the owner and probably one for you :) NICE JOB and great pictures

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back