Civil war sword belt plate today! Sweet Memorial Day dig. Video added...

DirtyMike

Feb 10, 2009
West Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, MXT, TDI, Tejon, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 5-31-10 memorial day 001.jpg
    5-31-10 memorial day 001.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 1,294
  • 5-31-10 memorial day 005.jpg
    5-31-10 memorial day 005.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 1,292
  • 5-31-10 memorial day 006.jpg
    5-31-10 memorial day 006.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 1,252
  • 5-31-10 memorial day 019.jpg
    5-31-10 memorial day 019.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,340
Upvote 0
Re: Civil war sword belt plate today! Sweet Memorial Day dig.

Man Congrats on a nice plate.

W :o W!!! :icon_thumright:

:wink: RR

:hello2: :hello2:

Great plate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great save there Mike...Keep pickin' those four leaf clover's :icon_thumright:

tcooper1 said:
What a great day! Congratulations on your first plate :thumbsup:

Not first plate.. First sword belt plate. And congratulations to you also for your 3!

Great looking plate :icon_thumleft: nice find and that video is excellent Good hunt Dd60

thats the stuff we all look for --way to go daddyo!!!! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :notworthy:

I got to ask --with the 4 leaf clover find earlier --was there any "irish troops" in that area that you know of?

mike i got got a question for you --- ever seen a flat brass "catch" plate that the sword belt buckle tounge fits into with 3 screws in it ?

I found what appears to be a sword or gun belt "catch plate" for the belt buckles tounge to go into --

it is a flat brass plate sort of D shaped with a "slot" cut into it along where the ( l part of the D is) and 3 threaded holes in it with 3 brass flat ended machine type screws in them ( the screws are to to "attach" it to a thick leather belt i guess by going thru holes punched in the leather --the screws are tighened down )--the screws are * flat topped -straight slot headed- with a 45 degree countersink toward the screw shaft -- the overall size and shape plus the "slot" cut into the "catch plate" looks like a "sword belt" one --its "hand stamped" with 1156 (the only mark upon it) like tsword belt buckles are.
-- they are slightly off in alinement thus hand stamped not machine stamped.

ivan salis said:
thats the stuff we all look for --way to go daddyo!!!! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :notworthy:

I got to ask --with the 4 leaf clover find earlier --was there any "irish troops" in that area that you know of?

mike i got got a question for you --- ever seen a flat brass "catch" plate that the sword belt buckle tounge fits into with 3 screws in it ?

I found what appears to be a sword or gun belt "catch plate" for the belt buckles tounge to go into --

it is a flat brass plate sort of D shaped with a "slot" cut into it along where the ( l part of the D is) and 3 threaded holes in it with 3 brass flat ended machine type screws in them ( the screws are to to "attach" it to a thick leather belt i guess by going thru holes punched in the leather --the screws are tighened down )--the screws are * flat topped -straight slot headed- with a 45 degree countersink toward the screw shaft -- the overall size and shape plus the "slot" cut into the "catch plate" looks like a "sword belt" one --its "hand stamped" with 1156 (the only mark upon it) like tsword belt buckles are.
-- they are slightly off in alinement thus hand stamped not machine stamped.

You know I personally have never seen one with screws. But there very well could have been some with screws. Post a pic on this thread so I don't miss it. And I will look into it.

4-H said:
Big Mike!

Another banner find brother!

I'm coming up for a couple days!

I wish. I have yet to make a banner find.

4-H said:
Big Mike!

Another banner find brother!

I'm coming up for a couple days!

When ever your ready just let me know.

What is the significance of a silver wreath and one that is just brass?

Chukers

chukers said:
What is the significance of a silver wreath and one that is just brass?

Chukers

There is none that I have ever known of. I think there is just a bunch of different styles of them. Mine did have a silver wreath at one time but from my understanding the silver wreaths are not really silver and they would not hold up good in the ground attached to another metal(brass).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back