Civil War Silver

U

umrgolf

Hit the civil war camp hard for about four hours today.. Knicked the back of the dime
hammer.gif
it seems like I never hit anything but the coins dang it

last couple bullets are a tranter revolver and a st. louis arsenal starr carbine
item in the last 2 pics is a cap to a cornet or alto horn

-Jeff

IMG_0836.JPG

IMG_0837.JPG

IMG_0838.JPG

IMG_0839.JPG

IMG_0841.JPG

IMG_0843.JPG

IMG_0849.JPG

IMG_0850.JPG

IMG_0851.JPG

IMG_0852.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice finds Jeff. I hope you can find the rest of that square black bitters. Should be some complete ones in the pits at your camp.

Great finds man. The dime is in great shape.

Smaller bullet on the left appears to be from a tranter revolver

By the way, cool stuff!

Nice finds Jeff. I hope you can find the rest of that square black bitters. Should be some complete ones in the pits at your camp.

Thanks Evan, the ground is so rocky here that I've yet to find a whole bottle.. The pits only go down 8-10 inches in the camps I've been hunting.

Well that is older than civil war...1861–1865...

Funny thing a friend of mine found a 1857 half dime yesterday...funny same year

Well that is older than civil war...1861–1865...

Funny thing a friend of mine found a 1857 half dime yesterday...funny same year

When I say civil war silver, it's meant to be in context with the other relics recovered.. and this particular coin was found in a camp that existed from 1861-1865

However, the civil war broke out long before 1861 in my area, in fact the coin was found about a half mile from the author's home. It's a great read, think it goes for $25.

IMG_0853.JPG

Last edited:
Man, you been gouging a lot of coins lately. Slow down, friend.

Nice find,

Buck

Nice haul man!

Man, you been gouging a lot of coins lately. Slow down, friend.

Nice find,

Buck

I hear ya, I know thats your pet peeve :laughing7: In my defense, the ground is very rocky and difficult to recover thin items in the compacted gravel road type consistency in some spots :icon_thumleft:

I can't even "dig" in the sense you think of at that site, I have to turn my shovel sideways and scrape. I tried "digging" out there last summer and wore two inches of steel off my digger. :laughing9:

Good to hear from you!!!!!

Last edited:
Congrats on another silver Jeff! You are pulling away from me in the seated dept., good job!! The bullets are very cool to, WTG!!!

IM

The title seemed like bait ! LOL I'm not biting ! Good hunt and finds M.R.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back