Civil War finds

FloodcityTom

Jun 25, 2020
West Va
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher gold Bug, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another array of finds from one of those "Hunted Out" Civil war sites. I pulled the 1862 Indian head up last evening before the Rain chased me away, down about 7 inches. A Soldiers brass wedding ring, some pistol balls and 44 bullet along with a nice Williams cleaner and a big round ball, fired burnside(?) Flat button, iron buckle and some brass odds and ends surfaced at this site over the past week, running between thunderstorms and gnats the size of pigeons.

Attachments

• CWdig.jpg
    CWdig.jpg
    517.3 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 28
Another array of finds from one of those "Hunted Out" Civil war sites. I pulled the 1862 Indian head up last evening before the Rain chased me away, down about 7 inches. A Soldiers brass wedding ring, some pistol balls and 44 bullet along with a nice Williams cleaner and a big round ball, fired burnside(?) Flat button, iron buckle and some brass odds and ends surfaced at this site over the past week, running between thunderstorms and gnats the size of pigeons.
nice saves for sure, wtg

nice finds I hunt alot of civil war sites.Im not always sure what I find.Just because Im not always sure what im looking at I would not have thought that ring was a weddind band.Is there any markings on it that you can tell.Any markings on the ring or is it just plain?

nice finds I hunt alot of civil war sites.Im not always sure what I find.Just because Im not always sure what im looking at I would not have thought that ring was a weddind band.Is there any markings on it that you can tell.Any markings on the ring or is it just plain?
Its plain, unmarked & kind of crude. Looks like some hammered design. I've dug CW era & old copper rings before. This is rather large

Thanks for the info Ive thrown aways good artifacts before just because I didnt no what they were.Only to see later one of the same things identified on here as a civil war relic.I have a big box of unidentified stuff I need to go back through.I save things now if im not sure what they are.

Thanks for the info Ive thrown aways good artifacts before just because I didnt no what they were.Only to see later one of the same things identified on here as a civil war relic.I have a big box of unidentified stuff I need to go back through.I save things now if im not sure what they are.
You might want to post photos of your "whats its" here, there are plenty of experienced relic hunters who would probably give you some good IDs. I see you are in Southern Md. That area is LOADED with both civil war AND Colonial relics. many Decades ago I went relic hunting on a friends place near Bryantown, pulled up my first colonial coin an Aucturi plebis

Thanks i will.Yes I live only a few miles from bryantown.Your right there is so much history here.I wont be able to hit half of them in my life time.My plan is to dig them out and post a few at a time for id help

Post some pic.'s and we'll try to help you out with ID's.

Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back