Civil war era site. Gives up some nice keepers.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hi everyone, Went detecting this mourning right after work. End up having a really good day. Me and my friend left work this mourning and went to a old grove. We hit it for a little while and I decided it was hit at some point. I viewed the land and said to myself this grove was bigger. So I stepped into the woods. And within 10 mintes I dug the nicest standing liberty I ever found. I continued the hunt. Picked up 2 wheats and a buffalo. I also found this little 1 inch by one inch metal tube casing. When I went to pick it up I dropped it and that small Jesus came out of it. It started to get slow so we decided to move to another spot.

We decided to hit this area that was used during the civil war. I don't want to go into any depth. Public property just don't want anyone to trace it back. I have hunted this area 2 times before. It is a huge area so it takes time to find the old stuff. Well this mourning was the day to be there. I got out of the car dug a wheatie. I never found any old coins in the past here. I kept hunting picking up clad and relics. I got a hit at 8 inches under a tree root. Dug down and out popped a old button with a solid shank.

I was happy to see that the old stuff was still around. There's alot of trash so it takes time to hit stuff. I then went to another area. I dug a large old earing. I then got a deep iffy nickle sound. I dug and out popped a 1909 V-nickle. And then right after that I dug a really nice 1864 indian. I also found a silver ring but it is smashed to death as you can see.

I decided to go and see how my buddy was doing. I told him I had found a good spot. We went together and I then found a 1908 O barber quarter. I also found a canadian dime with no date. It's between 1911-1936. I picked up 10 wheats and 3 arcade tokens.

There is still alot more to be found here. I will get back out this week sometime and see what else I can come up with. Hope you all like the stuff.

Thanks for looking Jeremy

Attachments

• Todays Goodies edited.JPG
    Todays Goodies edited.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 503
  • Today\'s clad edited.JPG
    Today\'s clad edited.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 508
  • Sept Relics edited.JPG
    Sept Relics edited.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 505
Upvote 0