Civil War Eagle sash buckle

Sammyt97

Oct 11, 2004
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tsoro DeLeon
Found this the other day on a property that dates back to the mid 1800's. Searches I did brought up similar items relating to the civil war. Is that what I've found? A civil war eagle sash buckle?
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4280.jpg
    IMG_4280.jpg
    515.9 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_7378.jpg
    IMG_7378.jpg
    868.6 KB · Views: 110
Well sir I think you have yourself a rather nice find there. The best I can find in the "American Military Belt Plates" by O'Donnell and Campbell is plate 296 on page 199. A very close match, it says "Waist belt plate, militia, ca. 1855-1860. Hope you can find the wreath.

Upvote 0
97 nice buckle you got there,hope you find its mate,vanzutphen

Upvote 0
You need to pound every inch of that place and don't give up. Hope you find other half. It could be there. Happened to me. Took two months and several trips but it paid off. Its a hell of a thing. It will consume you. Good luck and let us know. RN

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Sweeeeeeet!

Upvote 0
You need to pound every inch of that place and don't give up. Hope you find other half. It could be there. Happened to me. Took two months and several trips but it paid off. Its a hell of a thing. It will consume you. Good luck and let us know. RN

I'm going back this week. I got permission from the owners of the home, but time is limited as their house is on the market so sure hope I find it soon.

Upvote 0
My other half was 10ft from the first. Missed it on three different trips. Go low and slow, dig every signal. Good luck. Hope you get it.

Upvote 0
Nice find! Still looking for the wreath for my eagle tongue - good luck on yours!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back