Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, I don't think the dragon was around during the Civil War. Went to two sites yesterday and today. Thought today was going to be a washout, but it turned out ok. Got a King George II copper, toasted and this ring from one site. View attachment IMG_0474.jpg Forgot to take a pic of the copper, but it's toast. Didn't get much else there. The ring is costume jewelry, but kind of nice. Lots of rings this year.

Today I got me a dragon! Or a decked out dinosaur! IMG_0475.jpg I decided FINALLY to check out a semi local park, which does allow detecting and this little guy was lying in the dirt. He probably misses his owner. This is a toy periscope. And yes I tried it out and it works.

Got a decent signal, and just under/at the grass line is this nice but junk bracelet. That's 3 bracelets this year. IMG_0472.jpg I also got some foil and bottlecaps and some iron, no pics however. Found a Zincoln and a brand new quarter in a just cut area.

Moved through the area a little farther and almost missed a signal, a turned green tombac button which has seen its better days. Was at the very edge of the swing, and I decided to go back and take another swing. It was not deep, but was standing straight on edge. Glad I did. I don't dig a lot of tombacs. Have more brass buttons and pewter this year than tombacs. View attachment IMG_0469.jpg

Moved a little farther on and got a screaming signal. I thought another quarter, but no, dug my second Confederate Infantry button of the year! One of the solid cast "I" s. Not a HUGE surprise, but I almost threw up with excitement! No, not huge! In pretty good condition too. I have another one almost identical to it from earlier this year. Maybe even the same mold, but I have to dig the other one out and take a look to see and compare it. IMG_0470.jpg A Little farther away, I got a deep, faint signal, and came up with the CW period or therebouts brass thimble. Note the cute star on the top of it! I haven't dug many thimbles ever, so this was very nice. View attachment IMG_0471.jpg

It was getting a little late, cat needed its nap, so on the way out dug some more junk, good thing we have junk, and a tiny copper (?) whatzit. I didn't even know it was a whatzit until about half an hour ago when I opened up the pouch to get rid of the junque.

That's "junk" spelled funny. Is this a coin? I don't see a shank. Looks like copper. It's TINY. I think I see a flower or something on it but have never seen or had a coin like this small before. Was almost on top of the ground, MAYBE an inch deep, but gave a fairly decent signal. The area started to get settled in the 17th century, and by 1750 was a booming place. Still is. Imput appreciated, especially on the little tiny "thing". IMG_0473.jpg The cat is having a good year.

Last edited:
Upvote 20
Sweet Finds .
You gotta know the 'Cast 'I'' Is my favorite , Nice Thimble as well.

I do like the 'Fartherling' also. Sorry I can not spell ,Items I don't find.
Davers

OH YES! Gotta get everything cleaned up first. Don't worry, no gold coins or Confederate plates today. Did get a Budweiser can though. Will get pics soon.

Nice finds!! Love the Infantry button!! Congrats and HH

Thank you. It was hard won. 83 degrees and 100 percent humidity today.

Congratulations on the productive hunt! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back