Civil War bullet? Also, help with lead toy

rastinirv

Jan 21, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy. I found this bullet today in a spot where I have never found CW-era bullets. It does look like one, but it seems a little fatter than most 3-ringers I have found. Any experts out there able to tell what it is?

I also found this terrific lead policeman. I did a search on google images for "lead toy police" and came up empty-handed. Same result on eBay. There's no lettering on the piece. Anybody have any idea who may have made it and how old?

THANK YOU!

b1a.jpgb1b.jpgb1c.jpgb1d.jpgb1e.jpg

What makes you think that lead toy is a policeman? maybe you see a gun and night-stick on the belt? hard for me to make out... maybe i am looking @ it wrong, but it could not be a policeman.. if it is a policeman, then i would think it would date to the turn of century -1930s that is typically when toy police figurines came out...

It is very easy when you dig a figurine to confuse yourself on what it is.. I have done it myself and been wrong.. So I just don't know but maybe it is a policeman.. I am not a expert on toy figurines ... but here is a Toy soldier that I dug on a old plantation site which i think this toy soldier dates back to the mid 1800s or even earlier.... But i could be wrong, most of the artifacts we found in the area were from the 18th/ early 19th century.. i believe that bracelet dates to the 1830s-1840s.

kewl finds!

Attachments

• P5280163.JPG
    P5280163.JPG
    311.3 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back