Charter Member Dues

I would be one again if I thought I could stop arguing in the political forums

I know it's permitted, I just get too into it.

I know it's permitted, I just get too into it.

Well mate welcome to politics, we all have what we feel are better ideas from all walks of life, some with experience and education backing our single sided minds and others with just how they feel.

Bet the gov would run better if they had the likes of us in place instead of them.

But not turning this political, just saying and now I am off for some nachos.

Agreed. I've sometimes wondered - we all know there's a tremendous amount of political "discussion"on the Internets.

Does anyone know of a single case where somebody read a strongly worded opinion on the Web and then thought "Wow! That makes a lot of sense - I've got to change my mind."

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Agreed. I've sometimes wondered - we all know there's a tremendous amount of political "discussion"on the Internets.

Does anyone know of a single case where somebody read a strongly worded opinion on the Web and then thought "Wow! That makes a lot of sense - I've got to change my mind."

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Only a couple times, and that was right here, and only on very minor issues is all, but still made me look into it and find more facts along those same lines.

But never on anything life changing and you are right, and hey if it ever does happen then it will only be with people who can not make a change.

So Oddjob, do restaurants in Spain serve nachos?

Plus the red ribbon by your name looks good! I don't know why nobody brought it up.:laughing7:

Last edited:
So guys, just to clarify my tongue in cheek jab at "politics".....
Yes, the political forum is available to charter members, it's mostly unmoderated, and it can get pretty heated.
But with anything here on Tnet, if you don't want to read it, or get involved, don't click on it.
I did read many posts, and communicated with others during this past election, their experiences and insight were very helpful to me.

This year can I send 20 dollars in crusty pennies. ?

:P

Last edited:
After reading this thread, I decided to become a charter member. I have enjoyed this site for many years, so I am a little embarrassed that it took me this long.

..And you guys are right, the gold ribbon looks pretty cool.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

If I have to read it twice it's probably because I couldn't believe what was posted in the first place or the person's reasoning for supporting it...? NO... is the answer. I personally do my own thinking / reasoning be it right or wrong regardless of some "post". You need to stay tuned to MSNBC or CNN... and swear to it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back