Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am heading to this auction. I won't bid unless I can see the coins...

I have bought 'metal' coins before, and they were sold in a similar fashion.
319.jpg

316.jpg.

the patina on some of the coins looks in-line with Silver. I have a magnet, and scale, but I am unsure it's they will let me weigh a coin or two.

Any input is appreciated

Personally, I wouldn't touch anything Chinese. But then I am married, sooo...

Seriously though, I prefer silver that I don't have to question the authenticity of. Makes 'em easier to get rid of too, if the time ever comes. You gotta be careful with some auction houses, it's buyer beware. I wouldn't bid on them if I couldn't inspect them with a loupe and weigh them first.

Upvote 0
goodcall - I dont have time for this anyways - they were unpleasant n the phone.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't make the trip there even if it was right across the street! It's just so obvious they are going to be fake when they're all large "silver" and the majority are Chinese coins, not to mention cheaply packaged. If they were legit I bet they would be worth a couple grand per lot, or more, and that is something that ticks me off because they're going to try and soak a single person for a large amount. You can be sure they know the truth too, so better watch your back if you ever deal with them. It's also why the phone call turned out the way it did for your questions, because to them specifics are the enemy!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back