Cardiac Ablation In The AM......

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Tomorrow at 0700 I report to the surgical floor for my second Cardiac Ablation.

Had one in Nov 2021, everything was fine until May 2024 when I went into A Flutter, it took awhile for it to resolve, and they were planning on Cardioverting me.

Then in Jul 2024 I went into A Fib and it resolved on its own.

The Cardiologist office, dropped the ball and forgot to reach out to me regarding which meds to stop and having bloodwork done. So I went from number one in que to number two so they can do my labs.

Hopefully this time around it's not the cluster duck the last one was. It was in Nov 2021, so during COVID, report time 0630, finally taken back at 1730 for the procedure, so 11 hours after I arrived. I'm hungry and beyond cranky.

I get to the OR, and I end up laying on the table for an hour, as they prep the room, prep me, and wait for the doctor, move stuff around, etc. Doc finally shows up, and I'm finally knocked out, less than 30 minutes later the procedure is done.

Told them at my Cardiologist Office....If it's a complete cluster duck, like the last time, I'll get off the table, leave the OR butt naked, find my wife and leave the hospital......!

See yall on the flip side.......!

Good luck tomorrow Sarge. I agree with ya about having to sit and wait for some sawbones to show up. I've got no patience for it. They tell me to show up at 1400, I'm there, but if I'm still sitting and waiting at 1500 I'm bailing out.

Guess I'm not a patient patient. :laughing7:

Best of luck with the procedure.

After just spending 9 days in the cardiac ward with cellulitis I really hope you don't have any issues.

Praying that a good outcome tomorrow comes to you and the hands of those working on you are blessed. Best of wishes to you for tomorrow's procedure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back