Fattony315

May 17, 2013
Up state ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to the old farm with EVOLUTION yesterday. After great finds last week, I was ready for more. The day started out slow. Got a hit on the m-6 around mid-day and out of the hole an old pocket watch. Keep hunting and next a little bell. Move back to where an old home site was and on the back corner a solid hit at 67 vdi. Dig the hole 4 inches deep and I see roundness in the hole. It looks small and silver. Capped bust 1/2 dime. image.jpgimage.jpg she is 2x holed but still a great find. Still working around the old old home site, I get a 77 at 2 inches and in the plug another coin. image.jpgimage.jpg. It's smaller than a LC but bigger than a small cent, 2 cent. What a day. image.jpgimage.jpg. Turns out the 1/2 dime is 1832 and the 2 cent is 1864. Both are firsts for me and on my find list. Later in the day I picked up a button and the insides to another watch. image.jpgthanks for looking. HH.

Upvote 14
Wow that's a great day of digging.. Congrats on the success..

My first silver was an 1832 Half Dime. It's my avatar. Congrats! Mine is holed too!

image-757157720.jpg

Nice finds! Love the little half dime even with the two holes. So you got a two holer and a two center :laughing7:

I can't wait to find a 2 or 3 center, awesome finds!!
I have been looking for those coins, I have a list a made when I first started Md'ing and in the last 2 weeks I've knocked a bunch off. (2coins knocked off 4 things). I would like to find a few more before the years over. Thanks

You had an awesome day Tony. I couldn't believe it when you called me over and I was seeing that half dime.... I knew what I was seeing... just had a little trouble believing it as neither one of us has ever found a half dime before. It's a shame that sucker is holed (twice) because it looks like it had pretty good detail when it was dropped. And then you find a 2 center.. You're putting me to shame...:laughing7: Congrats on all of your firsts... (pre 1900 silver.. two center... half dime... capped bust coin) :thumbsup: I'm sure that farm is still hiding a few goodies.

A couple of beauties there for sure ! You don't see many double holed coins. That is a cool piece! Congrats.

Great Finds... Love the 2 cent piece that thing is in great condition :icon_thumright:

Two holes in that half dime, maybe it had become a button. Congrats on hitting a few more goals. You and that M-6 make a great team.

Awesome finds! :thumbsup:

Very nice indeed, wonder if the half dime was made into a whizzer?

capped bust coins are always a welcome find , :icon_scratch: wonder if it served as a button replacement at one point 8-) coin finds

philly-light-horse.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back