Canadian Racing Pigeon :-)

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So this is a bit different but I had a pigeon walk into my garage yesterday and he's decided he's moving in. I gave him a bit of water and some bread. He ate tons of it then crapped all through my garage :-) I live animals so I'm happy to keep him safe. He has a band with a phone # and he belongs to the Canadian Racing Pigeon League. He is jointly owned by AQUA, Iron Patch, Iron Horse, Rick, ZDD and a few of the other Canadian boys. Must be boring up there so they race pigeons. Get a life fellas :-)
Seriously though he flew up in a tree to sleep last night then showed up in the morning for his breakfast. I'm hoping I get a call back tomorrow as I've emailed and called the number on his band and left a message. So if one of you wants to come up and get your bird he's here safe. The random will be small

image-751746742.jpg

image-2988356246.jpg

image-1271791978.jpg

image-1782644913.jpg

Upvote 10
How funny is that, you find something belonging to other T Net members, a racing pigeon!
Hold out or a gold coin at lest! Lol!

How funny is that, you find something belonging to other T Net members, a racing pigeon! Hold out or a gold coin at lest! Lol!
I'm getting pretty fond of my lil pigeon friend so they might be outta luck :-)

Last edited:
In the past on 2 different jobs we had a racing pigeon show up at the outside break area, we fed the pigeon each time then they left after a few days, after they got rested up.

That's funny, You can bring him up when you come for steak and Lobsta.:laughing7:
Have a great summer.
ZDD

You just "think" it's a racing pigeon.....he's actually an aerial spy pigeon, scoping out the best colonial sites in Maine , or at least the ones you hunt lol

Haha it's kinda cool though

You just "think" it's a racing pigeon.....he's actually an aerial spy pigeon, scoping out the best colonial sites in Maine , or at least the ones you hunt lol Haha it's kinda cool though
Oh you dirty dog! I should've known that with you guys it would be something sneaky and devious :-)

You just "think" it's a racing pigeon.....he's actually an aerial spy pigeon, scoping out the best colonial sites in Maine , or at least the ones you hunt lol Haha it's kinda cool though
Update! I just caught Pigeon friend reading my detecting journal and trying to snag me Spanish silver. These Scotia boys are NOT to be trusted:-)

My dad raced homing pigeons for 30 years. They are an interesting critter, much more-so than they get credit for. I recall some of the races were 5-600 miles, they would get released in the AM and some would make it back to the loft the same day...

My dad raced homing pigeons for 30 years. They are an interesting critter, much more-so than they get credit for. I recall some of the races were 5-600 miles, they would get released in the AM and some would make it back to the loft the same day...
I'm a huge animal lover so I'm glad the lil guy/gal decided to come to my house. I'm more than happy to take care of him til he decides to make his connecting flight home. I'm amazed that they can find there way home. Also amazed that they can fly that far that fast. Definitely an impressive lil critter

I think maybe that pretty bird is headed south big time! :icon_sunny: After he rests up at your place he'll probably head to WARM Virginia where I grew up, lol. :tongue3: Sorry Canada & Maine, you're mighty cold much of the time. I know cuz I froze in upstate NY for six years, hee-he.

Here in coastal central CA we live a mile above ocean in apartment in the hills. Four years in a row a tiny grey & yellow migratory bird has spent several weeks here resting up and enjoying the chopped raw peanuts we put on our protected patio. Then tiny bird heads south to Mexico to spend his winter! (we call him Tweety cuz he's very yellow. Also, we're very lucky that one block from us several great blue herons nest yearly at the top of very high trees above a deep ravine! We get to see those herons feeding their LOUD babies for several months on tree top. And see the loyal parents flying out over the bay to fish. There are fresh water lakes & ponds where they fish too. Late June each year the young ones, then nearly as big as the parents, take their first flights in our neighborhood. I took fab photos of two young herons on the day of their first flight, exploring the high red tile roof next to us, including one heron spreading his wings full out! Will post these in the "nature" section of t-net when I finally learn how to post my pics. :dontknow: One of the young ones landed on our patio wall! The most exciting time to see the adult herons is when they first return to our area in late winter because sometimes up to nine adults will fly over in a line, circle in a wide arc, then head for those tall trees, almost as though they were giving a ritual nod to our neighborhood before settling in to build their nests. If I were young, I'd make documentary video of the magnificent herons. Andi

Ohh man! I've just realized I must have a racing raccoon!
No matter how many times I catch him in a cage and relocate him he keeps coming back.
He is a bit bigger sometimes, guess someone is feeding him for a few days while he's resting up.
😃

Abe, I hear those Nova Scotia pigeons taste like chicken, sorry, it's all about food for me. Besides that's what we do with spies in New Jersey.

Abe, I hear those Nova Scotia pigeons taste like chicken, sorry, it's all about food for me. Besides that's what we do with spies in New Jersey.
Ha ha. I can't eat my new bud but if he keeps being sneaky I may send him your way. What part of Jersey are you in. I do work for some people from Princeton. Was there for a couple months last summer

I remember the last racing pigeon I found, he was a bit thinner than yours.:laughing7:

SS

Attachments

• pr.jpg
    pr.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 112
Ha ha. I can't eat my new bud but if he keeps being sneaky I may send him your way. What part of Jersey are you in. I do work for some people from Princeton. Was there for a couple months last summer
I live in Millville, I been thinking of going to Princeton and knocking on doors, get in touch with your buddy tell him I want in? I'll eat that chicken if he shows up at my door, I have real guns and real flashlites, after all I'm a Millbilly! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I live in Millville, I been thinking of going to Princeton and knocking on doors, get in touch with your buddy tell him I want in? I'll eat that chicken if he shows up at my door, I have real guns and real flashlites, after all I'm a Millbilly! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Well this is the mid 1800s mansion I stay in down there. I wasn't detecting last summer when I was there but I sure as hell will be this year. The property is incredible. Mansion has 11 fireplaces or something stupid. Just one of many many house that they own. They don't even stay in this one ...ever. There's a secret tunnel that goes to a gazebo on the property. Part of the underground rr. I will be in touch when I'm headed down bud.

image-859124030.jpg

image-3796144826.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back