Can you tell me what this Trigger Guard is from? Date?

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are the photos--item found by my buddy Coinmaster2db. I'm interested in any information you could provide about what type of weapon this is from, and the age of the piece. The serial number on the piece is 290165.

Thank you in advance.

-Buckles

Summer 2008 001.jpg

Summer 2008 003.jpg

Also if it was for a 1907 Colt there would be a locator pin hole for the grips on the lower side. This must be an earlier cap and ball revolver guard. Any chance the serial number was mis read?

Upvote 0
l.cutler said:
Also if it was for a 1907 Colt there would be a locator pin hole for the grips on the lower side. This must be an earlier cap and ball revolver guard. Any chance the serial number was mis read?

The third number looks like a "0" to me, but the rest of the numbers are very clear.

Upvote 0
I see the model 1849 pocket revolver is the only cap and ball Colt serial number to go that high, I don't see what else it could be.

Upvote 0
The diagram is of an 1860 Army, it has the rebated cylinder, the Navy in 36 cal. doesnt. It wasn't until the cartridge revolvers that Colt used a top strap. I just got an 1851 Navy repro, they are a hoot to shoot!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back