• 1-19-11 004.jpg
    1-19-11 004.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 674

Attachments

• badger claw.jpg
    badger claw.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 585
Upvote 0
Good point bigcyprusshunter. Maybe I should have said it's a Canadian Stripped Badger claw?

<<Dont google that, they don't exist>>

It's a bear claw.

Upvote 0
CanadianTrout said:
It's a bear claw.
Are you pulling names out of a hat? :D

Attachments

• bear clawssize.jpg
    bear clawssize.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 345
  • bear claws.jpg
    bear claws.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 360
Upvote 0
Whatever it is, it doesnt have much of a curve. It also doesnt seem very sharp.

Upvote 0
it's not sharp because of the creature eating, metal detecting equipment. If I was the finder of that, I'd stay away from that area...... :dontknow:......NGE

Upvote 0
I say its not a Wild Boar tusk but when I say that I didnt consider the Javelina which is not really a pig but a member of the Peccary family. Is anyone familiar with these pig-like animals? A search reveals you have them in Clovis, New Mexico. Its a better guess than the Canadian Striped desert Badger LOL. :wink: Did I get it? :D

ADDED: I just realized Monty got it first. :-[ :icon_thumright: I think its got a chance.

Attachments

• javalina-headmount_resize.jpg
    javalina-headmount_resize.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 3,776
Upvote 0
Well, I used to work at a world known taxidermists shop and have looked at a lot of javelina and boar teeth and none resemble this one. Long, white, and kinda sharp are the only similarities. Javelina teeth still have a worn flat cusp on one side like boar teeth, only less pronounced. JMO

Upvote 0
Look very closely at the edges. If there are tiny projections, it's most likely water-based and most likely a tooth.

And just some mammal tooth biology, the nerve canal in a tooth runs in the root. It branches out in the pulp of the tooth and is below the enamel and dentin. The tooth root is attach to the gum by ligaments.

Just something to consider.

Daryl

Upvote 0
At least you got a healthy sense of humour bigcypresshunter. Me likes!

Those fangy front teeth on that pic of the mutant pig looks like a close match to me. I respectfully bow out of this conversation...

Upvote 0
CanadianTrout said:
At least you got a healthy sense of humour bigcypresshunter. Me likes!
Thanks for not getting upset. 8) Yes Im just joking around. We may never know what it is without examining it in person.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back