Can someone have a go at these photos?

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! Just planning on doing some detecting (with permission from the property owner of course!) on this parcel of land and wanted to see if any of the experts here could tell me where best to concentrate my efforts. Not looking for anything specific, possibly old caches of coins (gold/silver) or anything of interest really. This area was once an Inn in the late 1700's and it would be nice to find some old pieces of history! Thanks in advance for your help!

Also: I plan on hitting this location in the next month or so (currently overseas for work) and will post anything I may find and see how it matches up with the input anyone may be able to help with.

Update!: Heading there today 24 Apr) and will be there tomorrow and or the next day!

Attachments

• Overhead of JB Site.jpg
    Overhead of JB Site.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 150
  • Overhead of JB Site Close.jpg
    Overhead of JB Site Close.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Marked places with green Xs for old stuff or archaeological type signals, which includes non-metallic hits also. Red circles for loose surface coins/treasure that is 2 feet or less deep. Red X coins/treasure 6-7 feet in depth, stuff is either buried or as sometimes a signal like this can be an old cellar hole.

Attachments

• Overhead of JB Site Close-DocBeav.jpg
    Overhead of JB Site Close-DocBeav.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 139
  • Overhead of JB Site-DocBeav.jpg
    Overhead of JB Site-DocBeav.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 142
Red,
Thanks so much for taking the time to look at these! It will be some time until I get back home to check this out but rest assured I will be taking my GPS out with me and marking everything I find and will post it back here as soon as I do! Thanks man! Anyone else have any thoughts?

Beav

Thanks aarthrjr! I will check these locations as well and send pictures and locations of any finds. Interesting that the box you have for gold coins is right where the road used to continue down through the woods. It hasn't been used and no longer appears on any maps in at least the last 100 years or so. Maybe some old traveler buried his loot there!

Haven't been able to get up to this site yet but when I do (prob. after Christmas) I'll post what I find and where right here. If anyone else wants to give it a shot, dowse away at those photos and we will se how it all shakes out in the end! Pretty fired up to search this spot and concentrate in the areas where you guys have been helpful enough to point out!

Ok, I just got back from NC, was gone for a week.....not a treasure hunting trip just relaxing up in the mountains, weather there had been very nice.

Hello,
Dowsing revealed a cave system and gold bars in the green circled area
and a silver attraction in the area of the blue circle.
Thanks for posting your pictures,
Jon
site2jbdowsed.JPG

Thanks for your input too teleprospector! I wasn't able to get to this site before winter hit but I will be heading there in the spring for sure! Have standing permission from the property owners to detect whenever I want! Just wish it was closer!

I'll need the coordinates to make an informed opinion :laughing7:

Where are you guys getting this info from? How can you tell this from the original photos?

Where are you guys getting this info from? How can you tell this from the original photos?
CJB, they are DOWSING the photos to get the information that is being posted. Check the Dowsing section of the forum to get more info and see how it works.
Dowsing

Heading up to this location today. Should have at least one maybe 2 days to hunt this site. Any finds will be marked with GPS and we can compare them to the hits here so I can Finally give you some feedback! Pictures as well of course! Anyone wanna look at the pictures again for another opinion, go ahead.....I'll have copies of them all out there with me......

CJB, they are DOWSING the photos to get the information that is being posted. Check the Dowsing section of the forum to get more info and see how it works.

DOWSING does not work, silly. Every single test of dowsing, without exception, has failed.

UPDATE:
I was able to get up to this location this past week and had some interesting finds. I used my GPS and marked the more significant finds from this location so you can see how they match up. Couldn't transfer my tracks to google earth or I would have posted that too just so you can see where exactly I was.

Red, think you naild some of them, especially where I found the rock carving and quarry marks. You had that marked as possible archaeological interest and were spot on. Also in the area of the Merc dime.

aarth, Looked in the area for the marked tree but couldn't find anything that might fit. There were some old stumps and such back there and some down from previous storms but couldn't find any marks. Didn't go to the area you indicated for the gold coins (seriously WANTED to!) as I believe it is on another property but as soon as I find out who the owner(s) of the land on the other side of the stream are, you can bet I'll be knocking on that door(s) and asking for permission to hunt!

tele, I couldn't get into the area you indicated as that is also on another property but, like I just said to aarth, they too will get a knock on the door!

Only put the significant finds here as if I put them all the maps would be too cluttered. Look at the post and you can see everything I dug:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/351545-old-colonial-road-inn-25-26-apr-2013-pennsylvania-part-1-a.html

If you guys wanna have another go at the photos please feel free as I WILL be going back there again and would love to have more areas to concentrate on! Such a large area!

Colonial Inn Wide.jpgColonial Inn Narrow.jpg

Good luck on your next trip....yes, I can always appreciate hearing about the rock carvings, but a non-metallic target and have to keep your eyes open to spot them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back