58.7 KB · Views: 601
Marty-Graw said:
it is a drinking fountain the smaller pipe had a valve to turn the water on

Thanks, we were leaning that direction.

Fossis............

Upvote 0
looks a lot like a parts cleaning tray from a garage

Upvote 0
The pipe towards the middle is that to stand it, or was it originally a drain with the hole fillled in? What about an old gas grille? Looks like the fittings are for something that shouldn't leak? Hmmmmm?

Upvote 0
I keep looking at this thing, trying to figure out what it could be. It's not no animal water trough (not deep enough), I'm leaning more to what Relic Lover states.

;) RR

Upvote 0
The valve thingy is in the deepest part of the tray, so it's more logical to be a drain. So far, I'm with Relic Lover's parts washer.
Cheers, Mike

Upvote 0
Back before the oil change pits at the modern oil change places they put the cars up on lifts. That thingy is an oil change pan that goes on a stand beneath the car so that the oil doesn't have to drip 6 feet or so.

Upvote 0
deputy_dawg_508 said:
Back before the oil change pits at the modern oil change places they put the cars up on lifts. That thingy is an oil change pan that goes on a stand beneath the car so that the oil doesn't have to drip 6 feet or so.
That makes sense Deputy, lift a small catch-pan, bleed the oil off through the hose attached
to the hose-tail off the valve, to the heavier container at ground level.
But I think you got your pit history the wrong way round. First there were inground pits - then there came the Lifts ;D
Cheers, Mike

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back