can anyone help

Do some research on places where people went for activities years ago llike old parks, church gatherings and picnics, etc. Anywhere there is ground their is a chance someone lost or hid something there.

Garrett puts out a great book calle Successful Coin Hunting, that gives tons of ideas.

HH,
Sandman

Ingrid,

Try Fort Dumpling, which had been a welcoming landmark to sailors for a hundred years, it was demolished, along with the top of the hill on which the tower stood. It had been from this location that Colonists had fired upon British warships in 1776. Sounds like a great starting point..........your backyard is probably filled with relics.
It is easier than you think to find some spots in your area......
This link will help you, http://www.jamestown-ri.info/historyreferences.htm
Happy Hunting and post some PICs when you find something...you will.

Trez

Ingrid,
Im in RI too... in coventry. What are you looking for? War relics or coins and jewelery on the beach? I have a bunch of ideas on both. You might also want to hook up with one of the local clubs. There are several in RI, southern MA and CT.
steve

Ingrid,
Im in RI too... in coventry. What are you looking for? War relics or coins and jewelery on the beach? I have a bunch of ideas on both. You might also want to hook up with one of the local clubs. There are several in RI, southern MA and CT.
steve

Hi steve,
Im not really sure what im looking for...coins hopefully. Any kind of historical artifact, really.

if you're looking for military artifacts, hit the major parks down in newport. I'm not sure if Ft. Adams allows detectors anymore, so check first. If you're just looking for coins and jewelery, first and second beaches are always winners. go just as the crowds start thinning out toward the end of the day.
good luck and hh
steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back