Grave Digger side kick venom
At pro
Whites Mx5
Garrett ace400
Garrett pro pointer AT
Garrett pro po
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484523838.345348.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484523852.043762.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484523863.159562.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484523874.698970.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484523885.595027.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484523902.266403.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484523927.853716.jpg

It was 6 inches deep I put a picture of the stone structure I found it at in case that helps date it. It is green in color the site I was at looks really old. Thanks in advance

Looks like copper. Probably plated at one time. I would say mid to late 1800's? I would also say that the spoon is older than the structure. Tony

Upvote 0
I know a fork that might be interested but she will at least want to talk to him online and see his Facebook first...

Upvote 0
Haha that's actually pretty funny Lowman ..

Upvote 0
Thanks Tony the property looks pretty old there's an old well and some other stone foundations there that look a lot older than the only stone structure still standing that's in the pic

Upvote 0
Gather all your finds from the site. They all help interpret an age to the usage of the site and may hold clues to a common date range. Just like clues in a murder mystery novel.....but way cooler.

Upvote 0
I got there late in the day I only dug up a few things the spoon was the best find everything else was trash. I will go back this weekend and spend a full day there.

Upvote 0
Check the place out again, the spoon had a date already, "the dish ran away with the spoon".....Joe McDonough

Upvote 0
Check the underside of the stem for small print, close to the bowl; that is where a makers mark is typically found if marked.

Upvote 0
Be persistent some places don't produce a lot. However I always find an area around a site like that, that will produce finds.

Upvote 0
It's always fun to clean out the inside of the foundation of waste and branches and detect that too, you may find interesting things there too, hopefully I'd didn't burn then it's challenging

Upvote 0
THE OLE SPOON FINDS ARE NEAT < AND THE RAT TAIL PEWTER ALSO...

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back