✅ SOLVED Can anybody tell me what font this is?

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for your help
Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 5.33.06 AM.jpg

Last edited:
Closest match seems to be a font called 'GhostTown', copyright ?1986-1995 by SWFTE International, Ltd. Does that fit with the date for whatever your printing is on?

GhostTown.jpg

There is a similar font called Schwennel™ by Linotype, but yours would have to be an italicised bold version of it. They’ve been licensing fonts for over 100 years, but I don’t know the specific date for that one.

Schwennel.jpg

It's common for copyrighted/ trademarked fonts to be imitated/copied with stylistic variations and released to the public domain without restriction so they can be commercially used by small companies or by individuals without having to pay a license fee.

Last edited:
Upvote 3
Closest match seem to be a font called 'GhostTown', copyright ?1986-1995 by SWFTE International, Ltd. Does that fit with the date for whatever your printing is on?

View attachment 2115510

There is a similar font called Schwennel™ by Linotype, but yours would have to be an italicised bold version of it. They’ve been licensing fonts for over 100 years, but I don’t know the specific date for that one.

View attachment 2115511

It's common for copyrighted/ trademarked fonts to be imitated/copied with stylistic variations and released to the public domain without restriction so they can be commercially used by small companies or by individuals without having to pay a license fee.
Thank you Red-Coat.. The 1986 time frame does fit perfectly.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back