Called a new bank today

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro
I called several banks today but one bank told me that he had nine one thousand dollar bags of half dollars in the vault but he had gone through each and every one of them and there was no silver in any of them. He also said he did not believe you could find silver in the brinks boxes therefore he would not order any boxes for me. He told me he is getting calls every day from people asking if he would order half dollars for them and he tells them all no. That was Integra Bank.

Another bank said they would have to start charging everyone because they are having lots of people coming in to order coins to go through. They are tired of it. That was an Old National.

I opened an account at a Regions bank but they did not order for me last week or this week. She said she did not think the manager would let her order any more.

I did get a new bank to order for me and I don 't have an account there.

Hummmmm

Cat

Upvote 0
too many sharks..not enough fish, it may be years before the damage that article did clears up and the population comes back.

jewelerdave said:
too many sharks..not enough fish, it may be years before the damage that article did clears up and the population comes back.
That and the "looky what I found today" posters.

How quickly the Queen becomes the goat. You guys all know what I'm talking about. Get off your high horse and go find some coins.

awhitster said:
jewelerdave said:
You mean people like you that were posting about your "dream boxes" and "solid rolls"??? Don't forget fella that you were a newbie last year bragging daily about your finds. Now some of these new guys do the same thing, and your pissed??? :'(

GPURS said:
awhitster said:
jewelerdave said:
You mean people like you that were posting about your "dream boxes" and "solid rolls"??? Don't forget fella that you were a newbie last year bragging daily about your finds. Now some of these new guys do the same thing, and your pissed??? :'(

umm..ditto.

I would also add..."if you don't have something nice to say...shut up!" Let the rest of us enjoy our forum.

GMan00001 said:
GPURS said:
awhitster said:
jewelerdave said:

umm..ditto.

I would also add..."if you don't have something nice to say...shut up!" Let the rest of us enjoy our forum.
I would also add... I will say what I want, when I want and how I want.........and if you don't like it leave...........

Hmmm......maybe I should start posting again..........

awhitster said:
lejeuene said:
Hey LJ, jump in, the waters fine...........LOL..........just watch for the sharks..........
Yea LJ, there are some sharks to watch out for! This guy and Jeweler Dave are blaming your article for the lack of silver, and then he wants you to jump in the water??? Yep, sharks in the water and turds in the punch bowl!!

GPURS said:
awhitster said:
lejeuene said:
Hey LJ, jump in, the waters fine...........LOL..........just watch for the sharks..........
Yea LJ, there are some sharks to watch out for! This guy and Jeweler Dave are blaming your article for the lack of silver, and then he wants you to jump in the water??? Yep, sharks in the water and turds in the punch bowl!!
LOL...............

LJ, I allways enjoyed reading your posts because of the enthusiasm and wit you posses, and your genuine concern for other people. I identified so often with your stories as they were similar to mine. I do not live in the same part of the country as you, but the good stories are the same no matter where you are. You are the only one who has come close to my totals and even in this time of skunks there are coins to be found. To me, it is the wonderful mystery of the unknown. I can remember when this forum was nothing but fun to look at and where your roll was the respected leader. Perhaps you should post again.

This has turned out to be quite funny. More material for the Comedy Central forum.

As for the sharks........I don't even concern myself with the term "sharks". Silly in my opinion.

What it all boils down to is GREED! Plain and simple.....GREED! GREED has destroyed many many things......feuding starts and eventually ends up in wars. Countries have been destroyed over GREED and power.

As for the article, sure it has aroused some folks curiosity to see what it is all about. All of the doom & gloom or destruction of the hobby talk because of the article is totally nonsense. There have been new folks getting involved into the hobby everyday before the article was ever a thought in the authors mind. I was one of those and there were many many more that came in behind me......again, before the article.

TN is not the only site the covers CRH. There are many more out there....check them out yourself. How many of those in the other sites got involved because of the article.....not many. Again, check them out for yourself.

I get really tickled about how some take this hobby so serious......it's a hobby. It is supposed to be fun. If your not having fun then maybe you should consider something different to entertain yourself. Collect aluminum cans because I don't think there will ever be a shortage of those....ha! Look, we all get our share of skunks.....just part of the hobby.

Alot of folks want CRH to be like some secret society......sshhhhh.....don't mention this to anyone....more for me......GREED. If that is how you feel.....you should not be involved in any forums. Why are you posting???? Why are you trying to discourage others from posting?.............GREED.

Again, it is supposed to be fun and enjoyable. It is fun to share the excitement in others finds as well as your own. When someone finds their first Walker, Barber or some nice rare coin or a big load is found....it is suppose to be exciting, but I can see where it might dampen others thoughts because of GREED.

If your this type there are ways around it.....you have to have a system.....not just a normal pickup and dump system and hope for the best. There are different angles to attack it.....anyway....................................

Personally, I have gotten a couple of people in my area involved in the hobby. You may think I am crazy for doing it, but I am not one that is eaten up with GREED. If you think it out, there are benefits to this..again, a system...which I am not going to get into details here. Actually, I am having a better year this year than I did last year.....despite the gloom & doom article. How long can this pace continue.....I don't know. As we all know silver is a limited source, but it is always coming back into the system although not as fast as we would like it to.

I stopped posting my finds this year for a couple of reasons. I am reconsidering that issue as I type this.

Anyway, I have rambled on long enough. This post is not directed at any one individual or any set of individuals so don't take any of this personally. I am simply stating how I see things.

Good luck out there and keep plugging.........

BTW - Cat, I apoligize for your post going off in a different direction.

Yep I almost removed it last night. Maybe I should have.

I just found out that Brinks will deliver straight to me. No more road trips no more back and forth and wondering who will take my dumps. They will be more than happy to deliver to my door and pick them up.

Also there are warehouses with boxes of silver setting around that have collected three inches of dust on top. When that happens they send them back to the fed to be melted. They just keep ciculating the front palltets so we will never be able to get to those back pallets full of the good stuff until more people join in this game or until we start holding all the crap coins so they won't keep coming back to us. So really it is a good thing that more people are getting into this. It will take a lot of people to pull from the reserves before we will ever see the really old dream boxes.

So how do you like that turn on things.

Cat

lejeuene said:
Personally, I have gotten a couple of people in my area involved in the hobby. You may think I am crazy for doing it, but I am not one that is eaten up with GREED. If you think it out, there are benefits to this..again, a system...which I am not going to get into details here.

Cat J said:
Also there are warehouses with boxes of silver setting around that have collected three inches of dust on top. When that happens they send them back to the fed to be melted. They just keep ciculating the front palltets so we will never be able to get to those back pallets full of the good stuff until more people join in this game or until we start holding all the crap coins so they won't keep coming back to us. So really it is a good thing that more people are getting into this. It will take a lot of people to pull from the reserves before we will ever see the really old dream boxes.

Shhhhh.....don't tell anyone Cat......lol. J/K.

Yes, there is plenty out there. Nice going girl....go get em........good luck.

Cat J said:
Yep I almost removed it last night. Maybe I should have.

I just found out that Brinks will deliver straight to me. No more road trips no more back and forth and wondering who will take my dumps. They will be more than happy to deliver to my door and pick them up.

So how do you like that turn on things.

Cat

Hi Cat,

Im curious how the Brinks deliveries to you work if you wouldn't mind sharing.... fees, minimum orders, etc. many thanks.

They have not delivered to me yet. I just spoke to the manager the other day and he is suppose to find out all the details and get back with me next week.

Sorry
Cat

You are so lucky!! One day when I was at the bank (Bank of America), there was a Brinks truck outside. When one of the guards came out of the truck, I ask him if I could order coin directly from Brinks, and his answer was no.

I'm sorta discouraged because the bank I used to get bags from has closed. They gave me no problem whatsoever. I've approached another bank (Wachovia) and they want to charge me. I'll be checking with the credit union to see if I can order coin from them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back