Caldwell or Bust

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Evy, our grandson Jacob, and I went up Sunday to visit and hunt with Burdie. We thought we'd grabbed everything but somehow the camera got left behind. :-[
Jacob got a Discovery 3300 for Christmas and has been hunting his yard all by himself after a few lessons from PaPa (finding a penny and 2 screws.) BTW, he's 8. But he started hunting with gusto even with a bit of a chill and the wind blowing. He and Evy worked their way to the west side of the field where he found a .223 rifle cartridge, a bicentennial quarter, and a hammer head. Sorry, he took his items home before I could get a pic. Evy found a horseshoe and some other items.
I wound up with a few goodies and lots of iron. Amongst some of the goodies were a 1910 wheatie, what appears to be some kind of political button (most of the painted image is gone though), and a fowl tag that reads Johnson's Hatchery 1935 and the #4189. I've got an email off to the Kansas Dept. of Natural Resources to see if they know anything.
Thanks Burdie for a great time! Jacob will never forget you and his 1st great hunt! 8)

Attachments

• S3011709.JPG
    S3011709.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 497
  • S3011714.JPG
    S3011714.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 493
  • S3011715.JPG
    S3011715.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 497
  • S3011718.JPG
    S3011718.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 494
Upvote 0
WTG Stoney & Evy...........Sounds like Jacob is on the right track to enjoying this hobby.

So, Evy found a horseshoe..........make sure she hangs it up for good luck! And, you did good with your finds, too!
HH
Mel

borninok

Don't thank me, Just seeing the look on his face when he showed me his finds was priceless. I just wish I could of caught him so I could of taken his hammer away from him to go with my bent plyers. ;D ;D Just kidding. Papa taught him well.
Burdie

Can't wait to show this post to Jacob, he had a blast got to eat in the jeep he got a digger of his own, and hes lovin it, he did not want to wait for a weekend to hunt when papa was off so the 1st couple of days after he got the detector when it was warm enough for his mom to let him go out he was excited and had to tell her the penny and screws he found his papa had missed, I told Jeff hes out there doin it with out anyone you got him hooked! So we had better watch out!

In reference to the bird tag, I got this back from the Kansas Dept of Wildlife

Jeff-
Your question about the band you found while using your metal detector
was forwarded to me. My guess is that this band was from a game bird
that was hatched in captivity and released into the wild. Gamebreeders

or those individuals to whom gamebreeders sell their pen-reared birds
are permitted to attach bands to these birds. However, there is no
central registry for game bird bands like there is for migratory bird
bands. Thus, I can't give you any information about what kind of bird
it was, when it was banded, and where it was released.
Helen Hands, Webless Migratory Game Bird Biologist
Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks
Cheyenne Bottoms Wildlife Area

That's Awesome Stoney,Burdie and All....The most important fact of the matter is that you've got another detector out there :) HH!!

Stoney I am so proud of Jacob! I can just picture him out there swinging and digging away :). It must have been awesome to see him hoard his treasures away like a true pirate. Jacob we want to see pictures of your finds buddy! :D Keep at it!

COUNTRY GIRL said:
Stoney I am so proud of Jacob! I can just picture him out there swinging and digging away :). It must have been awesome to see him hoard his treasures away like a true pirate. Jacob we want to see pictures of your finds buddy! :D Keep at it!

Kim, Civil, WSD, PBK, and all...we'll get pics of him and his finds on tomorrow night.

Looks good, glad to see you have been able to get out. I still havtnt been out since the new year. You keep up the great work that second place will be tied all up!!! ;)

Have a good one and keep up the good work!

Alan

Ya'all haven't hidden roswellborn out there somewhere,have you? Haven't seen her on for awhile.Hope everything is OK.Can't let anything happen to any of the Rowdy Bunch.

We gotta have those pictures!! ;) Sounds like you all had a great time!! Wish I were there. :)

Congrats on those finds ya'll!

Nana

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back