Cache (sort of)

frostytiger

Mar 16, 2007
SE Iowa
Detector(s) used
Prizm III
:D Visited with Mother-in-Law yesterday and started discussing old coins, to make a long story short, she brought out a bag that had some weight to it. When I opened it and dumped it on the table, there were 52 Kennedy halves twenty of which were bicentennial(no silver), a 42 wheatie, a 45s war nickle, and a 40d nickle, and an Eisenhower silver dollar. She told me I could have them if I wanted them. DUH!!! I did give her thirty dollars paper in trade.LOL. Thanks for reading.

Frosty

Upvote 0
Why did you pay more for the coins than they are worth?

52 halves = $26
Eisenhower = $1
Penny = worth about 2-5 cents
Silver Nickel = 71 cents or so
Other Nickel = 5 cents

Maybe $28 worth max...

Thats easy if the mother in law is happy so is the wife. ::) AA

aa battery said:

Not necessarily true in this case...

If you are spending money on something that is not for the wife, then the wife might be unhappy.

My Son received a bank bag of misc. sliver that I'm Keeping for him worried he will spend them will post pics soon.

bscofield6 said:
aa battery said:

If you are spending money on something that is not for the wife, then the wife might be unhappy.

If you only knew my mother-in-law and wife!!!
frosty

bscofield6 said:
aa battery said:

Brian,
Maybe Frosty was giving her $30 as a nice gesture between family members? If the coins are worth $28 max as you say, then giving her $30 really isn't a big deal is it?
I'm thinking maybe Frosty is a generous guy and not worried about making a buck off his mother-in-law?

Congrats on the coins Frosty.
-MM-

ModernMiner said:
bscofield6 said:
aa battery said:

Brian,
Maybe Frosty was giving her $30 as a nice gesture between family members? If the coins are worth $28 max as you say, then giving her $30 really isn't a big deal is it?
I'm thinking maybe Frosty is a generous guy and not worried about making a buck off his mother-in-law?

Congrats on the coins Frosty.
-MM-

I wasn't telling him to make a buck off of her.

Thanks, Doug, as I'm the "only" son-in-law, she calls me her "Fav-or-ite" son-in-law and I call her my "Fav-or-ite" mother-in-law. She's almost 80 and we get along great.
Brian, everything's cool, no offense taken. Thanks for the replies and HH guys.

frosty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back