2.2 MB · Views: 89
  • 20231217_004108.jpg
    20231217_004108.jpg
    762.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 20231219_133344.jpg
    20231219_133344.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 73
Upvote 23
I'm so jealous. Still looking for my first eagle button. Speaking of laundry, I've had great luck around old clothes lines. Just like your clothes in the dryer, as those pockets dry out they let go of their treasure!

Great Saves of the buttons. That is a nice Eagle "I" Shield. One of my nicest buttons is an Eagle "I". Go back to this same area and hit it slow. Were you using the Minelab Safari? The Safari is what I use. Great Detector.

All found in a 10x10 foot area before getting rained out . There is some large iron that I was working around and hope to find more once I remove that. I think that I must have found the laundry area and am hoping for some coins!
Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!

Super nice collection of buttons. Hoping some coins may be in there too. Good luck.

Great button hot spot. You scored some beauties there. Congrats on that Eagle “I”.
-MM-

Nice buttons. Is there something on the flat button on the right side of the triangle or are my eyes just seeing things?
Probably playing tricks as much as mine. I "thought" that I saw a few things. I may try a peroxide soak and see if it will clean up a little better. I have dug about 25 button so far on the site. This group looks to be 1800's somewhere. I have a few that have the characteristics of 1700's, but are smooth and I can't be 100% sure.
I'm so jealous. Still looking for my first eagle button. Speaking of laundry, I've had great luck around old clothes lines. Just like your clothes in the dryer, as those pockets dry out they let go of their treasure!
I never expected to see that button. SE PA and the property had no known connection to the military when that button was in use. I'm still looking for something pre-1800. The property had it's first home (wooden) in the 1730's. I want to find that laundry!
Great Saves of the buttons. That is a nice Eagle "I" Shield. One of my nicest buttons is an Eagle "I". Go back to this same area and hit it slow. Were you using the Minelab Safari? The Safari is what I use. Great Detector.
Yes, I am using the Safari. I have a good number of hours with it and am still learning it. When there are two (or more) pieces of iron, with a foot or two between, it pops up copper or silver in the middle somewhere. Once or twice (early on) out of countless empty holes, I pulled a coin. I have knocked down my sensitivity a bit and that helped a lot. I now go to all metals and pinpoint mode to confirm the iron nearby. Since I have 13 acres to play with, I am going past those questionable hits for now. In this area though, I'll be clearing ALL of the iron before moving on. Any setup tips that might help with all of the iron scattered around? It is everywhere along with foil! One plus is that it seems that can tabs are rare.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back