Kookiemonsta

May 6, 2013
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Minelab XTerra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these yesterday and could use some help. I did a bit of googling on the button, but without any real place to start.

I got this button near a spot I found a 1888 Frankfurt gun shell. From what I can read it says
Blizzard
Helmet
XXNDL MFG Co <----- the "X's" are because I cant make out the missing letters
Oshkosh
j5.jpg
j4.jpg

Camera phone!Sorry!
These came out of the same hole.... which adds to the puzzle for me. The one with multiple blue stones is clearly fake and it looks to be made of copper. When you tap the stones from it against metal it has a very dull sound... like plastic.

The OTHER one with just the blue stone in the middle is a bit more intriguing??? This stone is made of a different material (glass or gemstone) and the metal looks to be gold plated. On some of the parts where it is corroding I can actually see the gold layer on the outside peeling off of it. It also appears to have small clear stones surrounding the main blue one. I have a jewelers loupe, but I really don't know what I would be looking for. I assume they came from the same person... but think it was the same necklace? Brooch? Hairpiece?
j1.jpg
j2.jpg
j3.jpg

thanks everyone!!
-Kookie

Both pieces look to me like they came from the same item, a broach would be my guess. Based on how the stones are set, and all that are missing I'd say its costume jewelry. The stones are all glass.

Upvote 0
Both pieces look to me like they came from the same item, a broach would be my guess. Based on how the stones are set, and all that are missing I'd say its costume jewelry. The stones are all glass.

Im 100% posotive the one with multiple blue stones is plastic. The other is glass or a gemstone. So no they arent all glass. Any guess to why they are set in different metals?

Edit: Im also in MN! Minneapolis area. You around here Susan?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back