Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all. Asking for any info on all 3 of these please! I measured the flat button and it is app. 22 1/4 mm. The first item may not even be a button because there is no apparent fastening device and is very thin. The center of it appears to be a separate stamping. Thanks!
aqe4u4av.jpg

3a5e6y7u.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! According to a list compiled by Bigcypresshunter, my backmark is as follows: C KENYON CO. NEW YORK with mfg date of WWI- 1930.

According to a previous post by TheCannonBallGuy, the flat button is a "transitional" button dating from 1795-1805 ( if memory serves me well ).

Now we need info on the first item please. Was found in an area with civil war era artifacts, but we know this means nothing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Your Great Seal button lacks the raised rim, which was add in 1910, so I believe it was made 1902-1909.

Upvote 0
Thank you! I remember reading a post ( maybe by you because I have read several from you ), that shows an example with the raised rim. I find so many different things because I haven't been limiting myself to specific hunt sites, and it's hard remembering all the posts I read here. Thank you very much for that detail!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here are a couple close up pics of the knotted item. Does anyone think it is a 2 piece button with shank part missing? I originally thought this was 2 pieces but it has been stamped somehow from one piece of metal.

yvude6un.jpg

umepu8ah.jpg

Upvote 0
Here are a couple close up pics of the knotted item. Does anyone think it is a 2 piece button with shank part missing? I originally thought this was 2 pieces but it has been stamped somehow from one piece of metal.
Yes check into antique ladys shoe button cover 1920s. The back attachment appears broken off. There are various patents.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes check into antique ladys shoe button cover 1920s. The back attachment appears broken off. There are various patents.

Thank you very much! This is an awesome site with many links for additional info. I have emailed a lady here in my state of Pa to send pics for identification. Awesome info!

Upvote 0
It might be a shirt button cover instead of shoe button cover. Hard to say with the back broken.

Upvote 0
You have given me another direction to look anyway. I did not even know these covers existed! Thank you very much for sharing your info.

Upvote 0
Hi all. Asking for any info on all 3 of these please! I measured the flat button and it is app. 22 1/4 mm. The first item may not even be a button because there is no apparent fastening device and is very thin. The center of it appears to be a separate stamping. Thanks!

Love the buttons. They deliver the biggest rush. Congrats!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back