Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• crown and bow button..jpg
    crown and bow button..jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 90
Here's a picture of the back. This button was found in New York if that helps any.

Attachments

• crown and bow button 2.jpg
    crown and bow button 2.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 0
BUTTON DESIGN HAS ARROWS AND BOW AND CROWN AND SOME TYPE OF LEAF BRANCH . DONT KNOW WHAT THE HECK IT IS BUT COOL FIND AND WAITING TO SEE WHAT EVERYBODY SAYS ABOUT IT.

Upvote 0
Why is it that every time I brag to somebody about the folks on this site being able to identify just about anything I can't get any help with the item?

Upvote 0
Why is it that every time I brag to somebody about the folks on this site being able to identify just about anything I can't get any help with the item?
Some of the good button people may have left. Sorry I havent had time and I cant access my books or database. Try checking Waterbury Button Company's website. This is not it but try searching crown, crossed arrows, bow, thistle http://www.waterburybutton.com/cart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=28445....

Then maybe search the British button sites

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks. I'll look at the Waterbury sight but I have a feeling this button may come from the other side of the pond. I am leaning towards Scottish and maybe Royal Archers but can't find anything to confirm my suspicions.

Upvote 0

I havent visited here much because of my lifestyle. It used to be the best online identification forum. Has that changed? I know the new site still gives me fits. Its not user friendly to me and its way too time consuming compared to the old version.. I also have an old computer and its very slow and frustrating for me with this new site. But its still fun and it looks like the content here is still great.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think under the goop on the back there is a backmark... I can see a letter here and there.

Upvote 0
Is this a 1 piece or 2 piece button?

I just realized how big it is. Its a large coat button.

Upvote 0
OP is pretty sure iy is a two piece. By the way the loop attaches to the back I am inclined to agree. It does look like ti may have been flattened or possibly even made that way.

Upvote 0
I'm going with 1 piece. (so early 1800s)

Scottish is the logical direction, it does kind of have a Militia look to it, but not one I've seen anywhere.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back